Chapter 11

Emerald Light Casino

D'Jay walked through the narrow halls of the casino. He held the duffle bag on his back as he was escorted through the back where he would be meeting Emerald. He was alone, he wanted this meeting to be a peace offering, no guns, no violence just two men having a conversation. That's how he expected things to go but you never knew, it was never a peaceful conversation between Emerald and D'Jay.

Emerald stood and welcomed D'Jay into his office. "I've been expecting you, come..please sit."Emerald offered D'Jay the seat in front of him. He eyed him for a moment, he wasn't in the mood for no bullshit, he was already pissed after seeing April with another dude he was liable to cause chaos right now.

D'Jay took a seat and clenched his jaw from Emerald smug smile. "So as you know I'm the new owner of The Cut thanks to your boy Darnell, he's a such a dumb lil motherfucker ya know I enjoyed taking all of that boys money."Emerald presented leaning back in his leather chair as if he won. D'Jay knee bounced and his eyes twitched. He palms itched, he wasn't in the right state of mind to do this meeting.

"Now you and I both know that's not how things work..The Cut is on my side of town-

"You mean Scar's side of town? The operation you stole right from under him because you killed him...Now D'Jay what will happen to you when the right people find out how you made it to the top. Even as a little street nigga growing up you was nothing but a little thief and let's take the shop as a fair trade huh"Emerald accused. D'Jay kept his stone glare on him. He knew exactly what he was doing. D'Jay smirked.

"Does it matter? It's my territory and you know I can't have you on my strip disrespecting me in my hood eating from the hands of my soldiers when you settled in that lil ass strip up North Chicago."D'Jay avoided his accusations. Emerald furrowed his brows and started laughing. His laughter made D'Jay grow past impatient, he felt like he was taking him as a joke and in fact he was.

"See that's what's wrong with you lil niggas of today..you don't have any respect! You think I won't take everything you've ever had including destroying that rap career of yours...You think I don't know you D'Jay but I do I know more than you think and if you really want to play these games with me than so be it...the shop is mine."Emerald said as if it was his final offer. D'Jay clenched his jaw, he was testing him and that was the last thing Emerald wanted to do right now all he saw was red. D'Jay calculated the room, he looked behind him at the two goons that was in back of him who had smiles on their faces laughing along with Emerald.

 D'Jay calculated the room, he looked behind him at the two goons that was in back of him who had smiles on their faces laughing along with Emerald

He turned his attention back to Emerald who still had the smug grin etched on his face. D'Jay sprang up from his chair quickly pulling out his gun, he shot the two goons right between their eyes with his silenced pistol before they could get their hands on their guns. He whipped around pointing the hot steel at Emerald who was reaching for his gun that was under his desk but then put his hands up. D'Jay had been itching to kill someone since he saw another man on his girl earlier and he had every reason to pull the trigger right now.