Chapter 18

10pm
At The Warehouse

A half conscience Emerald was dragged through the warehouse to be presented to the 3 kings. D'Jay stood in the middle gloving his hands as Nell began loading his gun. Shine stood on the left with his arms folded ready to decide someone's fate.

The doors opened and Rico accompanied by two goons tossed Emerald in front of them at their feet. He spat out blood on the cemented floor from his bloody snagga tooth mouth, he was beaten to a bloody pulp.

Rico insisted on taking this mission instead of Shine to prove his loyalty, D'Jay was hesistant he didn't trust Rico but Shine looked at as if it was one less hefty foot work that he didn't have to put in. He had already told D'Jay to kill Emerald anyways so Shine granted Rico the permission to find Emerald after they got word from one of their corner boys that he was headed outside of his alotted territory. He was halfway out of Chicago just a couple miles to go, Emerald made sure to stay off the main roads knowing that D'Jay had eyes and ears everywhere he owned the streets.

Rico walked over to the three men with a sly smile easing in line with them, Shine dapping him up for his job well done though he expected D'Jay too but by the still glare on his face he meant business.D'Jay had Rico and his goons bag Emerald from off the streets as he was pumping his gas at a gas station headed out of Chicago, the goons pistol whipped him as Rico watched puffing on his cigarette flicking the ashes as he watched them toss him in the the white van. D'Jay stood with a calculating glare on his face.

Emerald struggled to stable himself as he scrambled on the floor to gain conscience. D'Jay turned to him, he was livid. Nell had gave him word about everything April told him. Though he was a little bothered that April didn't tell him herself he was going to talk to her later but right now he had business to finish.

D'Jay showed no remorse in his eyes as he walked up to Emerald with his gold pistol in his left hand. Nell and Shine by his side closing in on him. Rico sat on the couch observing figuring his job was done, he earned his respect for now. He lit his cigarette as he watched. He wanted to see what they were capable of as a unit, individually he knew who he could take Nell single handedly, Shine he actually respected and wanted him to soon see things his way if things got around to it. D'Jay would be his ultimate challenge. The thought of taking over the reigns of the operation floated through his mind from time to time but something was telling him to decide against it.

"Emerald my old man Emerald I guess I have to make a believer out of you huh? I told you if you ran I would find you didn't I? Your on my territory without my say..You owe me money..Where's my product huh?"D'Jay taunted him squatting down to his level as he lifted his chin with his gun. Nell came around and kicked him in the face with the heel of his timberland boot making him yell out in pain falling back on the cold cemented floors, Nells kicks continued as they got vicious and rougher with the next one. D'Jay kept his sinister eyes on Emerald with a slight smile of amusement as the beating got worse and his screams grew with agony.Shine chuckled a little annoyed by his cries and moans. He pulled Nell from his torturous kicks, his chest heaved as his glare stayed on Emerald.

"He scream like a little bitch...he didn't even deserve his two seconds of being a kingpin he's a bitch...D one of y'all hurry up and shoot this fool cause he getting on my nerves with all this crying and shit and he call himself a OG take that shit"Shine antagonized with his stone glare piercing Emerald bent over position as his yells and gasps for air increased.

His face was unrecognizable, he looked nothing like he did before he had even got involved with them. Emerald felt this was his own karma coming back to him in full circle, many times he had been D'Jay having his enemy in this very position, his life over the past months have been a living hell. He silently prayed knowing this was his final hours, he dared not look D'Jay  in his eyes it was as if he was staring death himself in their face. He felt like his life was slipping away the first beating that he received from his extortion initiation wasn't half as bad as the one he was feeling now, he could barely breathe. His ribs was broken along with his nose and jaw, his spine was perturbing out of his back from being stomped by Nell , he just wanted them to kill him quickly. He tried to catch his breath and open his swollen eyes to plead his case.