Chapter fourteen

"She's the type of flower that still grows after a wildfire." -Acrews

Natasha's POV.

After a cold shower and many washes of my hair, I was finally calm and clean. Leonardos mum always seems to get under my skin. She told me her name and then she doesn't bother using mine even though she knows it! 

I realized that since we had gotten here I hadn't had me time or called my aunt.

I pick up the phone and dial in her number.

"HEY! I was starting to think you had forgotten about me." She said.

I smiled.

"I would never forget about you," I said.

"So tell me all the details." She said.

So I spilled it to her. Everything that has happened in the past few days.

"Hun I'm so sorry. I didn't expect you to find your Mum. My sister was a coward since she was young. But you can't still be upset." She said.

"Honestly Tantin I don't know what to feel. There is so much feeling floating in me right now. I keep telling my heart to stop getting involved in everything because its job is just to pump and keep me alive but it doesn't listen." I whine.

"Honey tell me how you feel when you with that man," she said.

Just thinking of him caused me to smile.

"I feel like a princess, my heart will stop for a bit, and then sometimes it does a somersault when he calls my name. When I'm with him I feel all tingly and happy. I can be crazy and sometimes serious without it being a problem. I can tease him or give him a hug." I stop for a bit, a bit sad with the uncertainty that I felt.  "But sometimes I wonder if it's the same way he feels about me. I wonder if when he looks into my eyes, time stops. Or when our hands brush it sends electricity through his body."

"Honey you really seem to like this man. And I know he feels the same way about you. I mean the way he looks at you, cares about you. I know love when I see it." She says.

"I just feel so confused. I don't want to suffer heartbreak. Or imagine things that aren't real. I can't wait till we get back home because then life will go back to normal and I won't have to fake being his girlfriend." I said. Then I only realized then that I had allowed that to slip.

"You are pretending to be his girlfriend?!" Tantin shouted.

"Geez, now my ears are bleeding. Can you say that any louder?" I said.

"Sorry. So how does it feel playing that role?" She said.

I sighed.

"I wish it was the truth that we didn't have to fake it but that's his choice, I'm just playing according to the rules," I said.

"Anyways hun. I have to call you later. It's late here and I started a new job so tomorrow is my first day. Let's chat when you get home alright?" She said.

"Sure. Love you." I said.

"Love you more." She said. Then the line was dead.

I sighed and fell into the bed.

Why had life gotten so confusing?

I love this feeling and hated it at the same time. How can someone feel like they are floating in the clouds, but falling at the same time? Love can sometimes be so delusional. 

I shook my head, hoping the thought would just scatter. Then I decided it was my time. I need to destress.

"Dance," I said.