Chapter sixteen

~Beauty attracts the eye. But personality captures the a heart.~

Natasha's POV.

Here I was with a few others packing my desk. I still don't understand why. 

*********************************

Earlier.

It had been a week since we have been back from England. Lorenzo has been in a very bad mood since then. I tried to backtrack why but all I could think was when he talked to his mother before boarding the plane since then he has been in a bad mood or easily irritated all week.

Work became more and more difficult and busy. I had a moody boss and a contemporary piece I needed to perfect in order to get into a Dance school in New York.

Typing away I lost track of time when there was a knock on the door.

"Yes," I said looking up and smiled when it was Ashlyn.

"Mr. Lorenzo wants to see you." She said.

I nodded, got up arranging my attire, and walked to his office. Knock three times as accustomed before going in.

"Sir you said you wanted to see me?" I asked his back. Currently, he was looking out the window.

"Yes. Please sit down." He said. "We appreciate all the work you have done here. You are a very hardworking employee. One of the best actually. Unfortunately, we have to let you go, I know its short notice but it's company policies. The security will now escort you to your desk to get your things. We did recommend you to a few companies so options are in that folder." He said.

I picked up the folder shocked and in disbelief.

"We will support you and your family till you start your new job." He said speaking still out of the window.

"I don't understand," I said.

Someone cleared their throats. I turned to see a security at the door.

"There is nothing to explain." He said.

I was angry. "Keep your money and your job offers. I don't want anything to do with you anymore."

I got out of the chair and walked past the security. He didn't even look at me. Such a coward.
*********************************
Present.

I picked up my box and walked out of the building. Ordering an Uber I went home. I was still shocked and couldn't wrap my head around what had happened.

On arriving home I went straight to my bedroom and into my bed.

An hour later I felt someone shake me. 

"Hun?" Tantin said.

"Mhm?" I mumbled.

"What happened why are you home early?" She asked.

I bury my face in the pillow. I wasn't ready to accept reality. Maybe it was just a very bad decision. He will probably call soon asking me to come back. I screamed in my pillow before lifting my head and announcing the news to my Tantin.