Chapter twenty eight

"Someday all the love you've given away will find its way back to you and it will finally stay."

Natasha's POV.

I could feel my heart in my chest. I could not wrap my head around what I was just told.

Lorenzo drove while trying to calm me, but I could see he was having a hard time keeping his emotions down. Natalie had become like a sister to him already.

But just a random input, Lorenzo was a really skillful driver. I mean especially on a busy road it was amazing how he avoided each car with so much ease, it actually made my heart skip.

Anyways back to the real issue.

Oh right! Running into the hospital I found Massimo waiting for us, his face spoke volume.

"Hey man." Lorenzo said wrapping his arms around him.

"She's in that room." Massimo addressed me, while he explained to Lorenzo what happened.

I thanked him and walked to the door. The last time I was in a hospital because of a coma was when my twin died, so right now the oxygen in my body wasn't circulating properly.

I walked in closing the door softly behind me, walking towards Natalie I take in her current state.

Her lips are busted and there's a bandage wrapped around her head. I can't put together how this happened.

Images of my standing beside my twin brother runs through my head, I can sense a déjà vu.

My heart twisted and my eyes blurred up, suddenly it became very hard to breathe. I sensed a hand on my neck and the world stopped spinning.  Lorenzo had joined me and a stroke of his fingers he wiped my cheek, only then did I realize I was crying. 

"I can't lose her too..." I mumbled, then turn and wrap myself around his waist while he flattens my hair.

"She'll be alright, she's a fighter, never goes down without a fight." He said and the movement in the room tells me his also addressing Massimo.

"I going to get some information from the doctor." I said, looking ones more at Natalie before closing the door and leaving.

"Hi, sorry, who's looking after the patient in that room?" I asked pointing at the door I just came out from.

"That would be me." A voice said, causing me to turn around and meet with an elderly doctor.

"Hi, my name is Natasha and the patient in there is my best friend and sister, may I ask how this happened." I asked

"Come with me, you can talk to the eye witness." He said, walking away, I followed, he introduced me to the man and left. 

"I am John Hordan. I was exiting the gym when it happened. The lady was coming out of the parking lot when the black BMW came at full speed, she tried avoiding him but she, I think, was too quick crossing the intersection even though it was her turn to go and the light was red on the side of the BMW. So, I called the ambulance when I saw the car had swerved hitting the truck. But what was weird was that the driver that had swerved the car drove off incredibly fast. I only managed to get the number plate. "He said showing me his phone.

I took a picture of the picture on his phone and thanked him. Whatever happened was too well planned. I don't know everything yet but Natalie was in danger.

Looking down at my phone I saw that the number plate was a local one, maybe I could ask Lorenzo to run it for me.

"You ok? Found out anything?" Lorenzo asked with his hand round my waist. His breathing fanning my neck.

I filled in all the information, and I could see the clogs in his brain turning. He agreed that this was planned but why or who wanted it to happened we were both clueless on that information.

While he got a guy, he knew to run the number plate I went back in to see Natalie. Massimo was sitting besides her.

"She better wake up, I won't let her die before I say I do. If not, I'll have the wedding here at the hospital. I need her to wake up, and let her bully me and hit me..." he trailed off with his head down.

I settled for a comfortable hug.

"She still has three weeks before the wedding." I said trying to add some hope.

We stayed like that for a few moments.

Massimo looked at me trying a smile, "You better not tell anyone this especially Natalie."

"What that you are a big cry baby? Don't worry I'll save it for your children." I said smiling.

The air around was lifted. Soon Lorenzo came in.

"So, did they find it?" I asked him.

"Yeah the car was wrecked near the borderline while trying to cross over." He said.

Things just got more complicated. But he didn't get to finish when he phone rang.

"Sorry its work, I have to take this." Lorenzo said excusing himself.

"Who would have done this, I mean hurt Natalie, then wreck his or her car?" I thought out loud. 

"What makes you think it's a he?" Massimo questioned.

"Well I don't know but we can't just rule out one gender." I pointed out. "Does Natalie have any enemies? Or has she angered anyone so far?"

"Not that I know off." Massimo said and I could see the clogs in his brain turning.

Soon my phone rang and my aunts face popped on the screen. I had totally forgotten about her.

"Hey Tantin. I am sorry I was so busy I forgot about you, which I am so guilty for, and now Natalie is in a coma and you don't know how happy I am so hear your voice." I said all in one breathe.

"Hi Natasha. Listen to me carefully, stay with Lorenzo, I am going to stay with your mom for a bit. Don't call me and if you receive an anonymous call threatening you, record it and send it over or have Lorenzo look into the voice but don't ever be alone. Lorenzo's mom agreed to let you work for her son so he can keep an eye on you." She said.

"Are we in danger? Are you ok?" I asked worry sinking into my voice.

"I don't know yet but we have to be careful. I was threatened again today with an anonymous call, and then a picture of Natalie accident. Whoever's doing this wants something from either one of us and I need to make sure we are all safe. I love you; I am boarding already so I need you to stay strong, ok?"

"Ok, I love you too." I said. Then the line was cut.

"Natasha we have to go." Lorenzo said standing at the door.

"But we can't leave Natalie here, she could get hurt again." I said.

"No worries we organized for home care. She's already on her way to the safe house with Massimo." He said grabbing my hand and leading me out of the hospital.

In the car, my phone buzz, and I see my aunt has send me the details on her flight and when she will land.

"We will get to the bottom of this I promise." Lorenzo said holding my hand. I squeezed it and for some reason I believed him.

"So, you get to work with me again?" He said and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Well, it depends whether you want me too." I stated.

"You know if I had it my way, I would always have you beside me." Lorenzo said. "And here's my promise to you: I will NEVER let you go again."

I don't know why but I felt extremely calm despite the situations we were in. I knew with Lorenzo fighting with me we were bound to win.

At least that's what I thought...

******************************
Hey all.
*
*
*
*
So this story is taking a twist, but I want to say thank you for all the support you have given me so far. Anyways bye!!!
*
*
*

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share. *
*
*
*
XOXO