Chapter 4: Preparing for failure

Blue's P.O.V

I am suddenly teleported back into the hub. And so far it was just me and Mark.

"Oh hi Mark," I say to him chuckling.

"That joke is so old," Mark replies to me.

"Yeah I know," I reply to him. "But I just had to. Is everybody else here already or is it just me and you currently?"

"Currently it is just me, you and Tim in the infirmary," Mark says to me. "But Wilf, Oct and Google are here as well obviously."

Suddenly bright flashes of light start to appear everywhere.

"Well looks like we've got company," Mark says as he smiles.

In order suddenly Purple, Jade, Red and Peach appeared.

"Whoo! It feels good to be back!" Jade says.

"Same here," Purple says. "This is so much better than the school work I finished doing."

"Right?" Red says to her. "Now I just want to go on a mission and kick some ass!"

"Language please," Peach says to Red smiling.

"Fuck you," Red replies to her. "But not really."

"I was just teasing you Red," Peach says as she lets out a soft giggle. "There is no way I can control your behavior."

"Yeah!" Jade says. "Only I can!"

"Well I'm glad all of you guys are here," Mark says to us as more people start to show up. "But I feel like we're missing someone..."

"Oh yeah," I say out loud. "Where's Teal?"

Suddenly another bright flash of light appears in front of us.

"Hi guys," Teal says softly. "Sorry I'm late. I was doing homework... And when I finally finished all of it. I passed out, and now I'm here."

"Woah," Purple says to her. "How much homework did you have?"

"Too much to count," Teal replies to her. "It was mostly math too. But that's the kind of treat you get for being a senior in high school."

"Ouch," Jade says to her. "I'm glad that's over for me."

"Can we stop talking about homework, school and math now?" Red says to us. "It's giving me a headache and the point of being here is to forget about all the stuff in the real world."

"Red's right," Mark says. "Here in the dream world we can escape from the problems we have in our real lives and focus to save people who have even greater problems in their lives."

"Speaking of which," I say to him. "What's today mission about?"

"Honestly I have no clue," Mark says to me. "Tiny Box Tim arranged this one for us."

"Wait why?" Jade asks him. 

"Because ever since you guys reported of some mysterious person being on the loose and probably destroying the dreamscape, Tim is now in charge of putting the best team to come in after them," Mark says to us. "And that is you guys."

"Woah," Peach says. "Are we really the best team?"

"Well in the hub at least," Mark says to us. "I'm not sure about the entire dream world. But yeah you guys. And Tim is also trying to track the mysterious stranger down and so far he thinks he knows where they're headed next. But he didn't tell me for some strange reason..."

"I wonder why,' Purple says. "Maybe it's because if he told you we might chicken out of it?"

"No I don't think it's that," Mark replies. "I know you guys and you guys never chicken out of anything. I think Tim didn't tell me because he feared that would be the one that would chicken out of the mission."