Chapter 9: Duty Calls

Mark's P.O.V

Tonight's the night...

Time to see what this girl is up to.

"Hey Mark!" Blue says as she approaches me. "Ready for tonight?"

"Of course!" I say to her. "Just got some refills on some equipment. Got myself extra just in case as well."

"Nice!" She says to me smiling. "I'm gonna go and find my team. But I'm pretty sure you need to catch up with some people as well."

I'm confused at what Blue said as she ran off.

"Catch up?" I say confused.

Suddenly I hear a very familiar boyish voice behind me.

"Hiya Markimoo! Heard you were going to go on a big mission!"

"Yeah, one that might determine the fate of this hub."

"Ethan! Tyler!" I say surprised. "What are you guys doing here?"

"To help you of course!" I hear someone behind me say.

"Amy!" I say with a huge smile. "You're here too?"

"Well yeah," She says to me. "I can't let you kick butt alone."

"Why not?" I tease her.

"Don't test her Mark," Tyler says to me.

"You know what happens when you test her," Ethan replies to me.

"Yeah I know," I reply to them. "I was just teasing."

I then fall silent as I think about the mission.

"But seriously though guys," I say to them. "You guys can't come with me on this mission. It's too dangerous."

"Well that's too bad Mark," Ethan says. "Cause we're gonna come with you no matter what!"

"What he said," Amy replies. "You can't change our mind Mark. No matter how much you want to."

I sigh as Tyler, Ethan and Amy surround me.

"There's really nothing I can do to change your mind huh?" I ask them.

"Nope!" Tyler responds.

"Very well then," I say to them. "You guys can come with me."

"Yes!" Ethan exclaims as the rest smile.

"Grab your stuff and then I'll explain about the mission," I say to them. "And just in case, grab some extra necessary stuff too."

"So when you said the mission was dangerous you weren't kidding huh?" Tyler says.

"Nope!" I mimic him. "But like I said, grab stuff now, explain later."

"Got it!" Ethan says as he rushes to get all his supplies.

"He was always an energetic one wasn't he?" Amy says as Tyler heads off too.

"No kidding," I say with a smile. "I'm really glad you're here by the way."

"Same here," She replies to me as she gives me a peck on the cheek. "I'm gonna go grab my supplies now. See ya later."

"Yeah... See ya," I say to her with a smile as I wave goodbye. 

I then bring my hand up to my cheek and blush. Some girls just have that magic touch.

But anyway! Time to get back to work! Next stop, Tiny box Tim.

I walk towards the infirmary. And I see Tim there waiting for me. Looks like he was as ready as I am.

"Hiya Tim!" I say to him. "Ready to go?"