Chapter 20: Trust

Mark's P.O.V

"Ethan's been taken!?"

The team is now on full alert. It was so chaotic last night that we forgot to double check who was here and who was not. And now I feel awful and take full responsibility for Ethan's disappearance.

"How have we not noticed sooner!?" Wade exclaimed.

"I just feel awful..." Tyler says right after.

"We all feel awful Tyler," Amy says to him. "We should have made sure that everyone was there and that everyone got into a portal."

"I don't get it though," Peach said. "If everyone woke up, including Ethan regardless if he went into a portal or not, shouldn't he be here as well?"

"That is a very good question Peach," I respond to her. "But think of it this way, the other Blue could've just left us in the dark. But she tried so desperately to get us all into a portal..."

"So do you mean that... You can't escape from the darkness of the void?" Morgan asks. "Even after you wake up from it? You go back the next time you fall asleep?"

"That is exactly what I'm saying," I reply to her. "Sure I don't know if it's exactly true, but by the facts that we're having... It's possible."

"Well then what are we waiting for?" Jade asks. "Let's get our blue boi back!"

Everyone shouts in agreement while I just give a quick nod.

"We better get going then," I say to them. "The portal is about to close and it looks like everybody else already left."

"Way ahead of you Mark," Cass says to me as she and her team run straight into the portal.

"Well that settles things," Jack said. "Let's go and save our boi!"

Jack then runs after Cass as Bob, Wade and Tyler follow.

"I'm not going to stand here and do nothing," Morgan then says. "Ethan is my boi and I will do anything to save him from the darkness."

"I'm with you as well," Jade says to her.

"I think we all are," Red says right after.

The three of them run into the portal determined to save Ethan.  And soon the rest of us follow suit until it was just me and Blue again.

"Go ahead," I say to her. "We need to go."

"Are you sure you know what you're doing Mark?" Blue suddenly asks me.

"What? Of course I do," I said to her in reply. "What makes you think I possibly don't know what I'm doing?"

"Mark... No offense but we have failed so many times with the other Blue around," Blue says to me. "Part of me is a bit doubtful that after she acted yesterday we're all going to get out feeling much worse than better."

"Don't worry Blue," I said to her in reply. "I know what I'm doing now. I learn from my mistakes, I can handle this. With all of you guys by my side of course. And honestly, right now I think things cannot possibly get any worse. I lost one of my own teammates for not being careful enough, and the hub is incredibly weak right now... But tonight, even if we don't accomplish the mission. We will weaken her."

Blue then looks at me and nods as she gives me a hopeful smile. 

"I trust you Mark," she says to me. "I know that no matter what, we won't let Blue take down the hub."

"Exactly, and if she tries to do that, she'll have to get through all of us," I say to her. "Together."

"Together," Blue said as she gives off a determined smile. "Now let's go and rescue our teammate."