Chapter 2 - We Meet Again

I woke up to my alarm and slammed my hand down on it to shut it off. I slowly got out of bed and started my usual morning stretches by doing a cobra stretch, knees-to-chest, and spinal twist. I also did sitting exercises like upper back, neck, and shoulder stretches and standing exercises like side, standing quad, hamstring, and calf stretches.

I finished my morning stretches in precisely ten minutes and never felt more alive. Alisha has already planned what we're going to do, and to start, she is taking me out to go shopping because she says that I bought 'old lady' clothing from India. I can't agree with her more. My mom insisted that she pack my clothes and buy these clothes for me. I wasn't with her when she went shopping and I regret it.

I went into my bathroom, brushed my teeth, and showered. When I came out of the bathroom in a towel, my hair was wrapped in a towel since I washed it. Alisha stood in front of my bed with her right hand on her hip and held clothes in her left hand.

"Kya hua? Aap mujhe ese kyu dekh rahe hain?" I asked Alisha. (What's wrong? Why are you looking at me like that?).

Alisha turned around, took the clothes from my suitcase, and threw them on the floor. "Hey! Yeh kya kar rahe ho?!" I exclaimed (Hey! What are you doing?).

"If you wear these clothes, I will tell everyone that we're not related and kick you out of the house. Anya, you're in LA! It would be best if you had style. You need to own it," Alisha exaggerates.

"Ok then. How do I 'own' it?" I mimic her.

"You can borrow my clothes for today since we're the same size, and today is all about you. I'm going to make you the talk of the town," Alisha walks closer to me.

"I trust you, Alisha," I smile at her, and she smiles back at me.

"Good. Now I have bought you an outfit. Wear it, come downstairs, have breakfast, and we'll be on our way to go shopping for you, okay, babes?" I nodded at her, and she ran out of my room.

I took off my towel and put on the outfit that Alisha gave me: a white tank top and light blue shorts.

I have to admit, she has a good fashion sense, and it's so comfortable. I applied some makeup: foundation, concealer, face powder, eye shadow, eyeliner, and lip gloss. I went downstairs and found a plate of pancakes with syrup and fruit on the breakfast table.

"Wow! American breakfast! One thing that I hardly had in India." I sat down across from Alisha at the table.

"Seriously? How did you live in that house with my strict uncle?" Alisha asked me.

"The only time I could have American food was when I went out with friends or Gaurav bhaiya and Tanu bhabhi. But I have freedom now, so I will take full advantage of it," I say with determination.

"So other than shopping, I planned what else we're going to do today," Alisha says after sipping her coffee. 

"What else did you plan?" I asked her, taking a small bite of the pancakes.