Chapter 14 - Heat

I woke up with the sun shining down on me. I realized that I didn't feel warm like last night after that magical night with Luke. I turned to my other side and jumped when I saw my shirtless boyfriend on the bed staring at me.

"You're so beautiful, Anya," Luke said dreamily.

"Good morning to you too." I sat up on the bed and he inched closer to me and kissed me. Mm, I get to have more of these lips. I ain't complaining.

Trust me baby. You're going to get more than just these lips, Luke smirked at me when he mind linked me and my face became a red tomato and he chuckled. I was about to get out of bed when his pair of arms went around my waist and pulled me towards him. I landed in his lap and he started kissing the back of my neck.

"Luke, please stop. Someone will see us," I told him, biting back the moan.

"No one will see us. The door is locked." He continued kissing me and oh my god, it felt so good when his lips went to my mark. I was brought out of my trance and I was able to release myself from his grip, run to the bathroom and lock the door before he could get to me.

"Anya! I will get you back," He whined like a child and it made me laugh. I had my clothes ready in the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, took a shower and got dressed in my clothes. I came out of the bathroom and did not see Luke in the room. He probably went to the other room to get ready.

I went downstairs and saw the breakfast table set up and Maria and Skylar were in the kitchen making breakfast. "Good morning Anya," Maria greets.

"Good morning. Can I help you with anything?" I ask them.

"Oh no need, dear. We're pretty much almost done," Skylar answers my question. Maria walks up to me with a big smile. "I can see that little mark over there." Maria moves my hair to the side and sees the mark on my neck and I couldn't stop myself from blushing. Do I have to blush all the time?

Maria continues saying, "I'm happy that Luke has a mate like you. Your parents must be lucky to have a daughter like you; cultured and well-raised."

When she talked about my parents, my smile disappeared. It's been a while since I've talked to my parents and I'm sure they will be even more worried when they find out that I changed yesterday. I do feel bad blocking my parents' and siblings' number. I do want to talk to them but I don't know if it's right.

"Do it." I turned around and saw Alisha walking down the stairs with Nathan behind her. "What?" I ask her in confusion.

"Call and talk to them. They deserve to know," Alisha told me. Oh, she was talking about my family. "I don't know. I mean, I don't know how they're going to react."

I felt arms around my waist and knew that it was Luke, and I relaxed in his arms. "Alisha's right, love. They need to know and they must be worried about you."

I guess they're right. "Ok I will talk to them now," I decide.

"Not now. I'm going to take you out shopping," Luke decides for me. "Shopping? Why? I have enough clothes."

"I want to treat you, baby. Let me do it. Come, we're going now," Luke takes my hand in his and we walk out of the house and went to his SUV. Being a gentleman, he opened the passenger door and held out it for me. I smiled, stepped inside and sat in the seat. He closed the door with gentleness and went to the other side and sat in the driver's seat. He didn't need the key to start the SUV because it had a engine on/off button and he pressed on it.

He started driving towards the mall and I couldn't stop looking at his arms for no reason. There's so built and muscular. "Take a picture, love. It will last longer." I blushed a deep red and looked down.

He chuckled. "You look cute when you blush."

"You caught me off guard."

"Me? Babe, you always catch me off guard. I just want to continue from last night." Is he's trying to make me look like a tomato? Because its working.

We reached the mall and he parked the SUV. I unbuckled myself and was about to get out, but Luke beat me to it and opened the door wide enough for me to get out. I got out of the car, he closed the door, took my hand in his and walked to the front doors of the mall.

Many shoppers were looking at us and nodded their heads at us. I was a little confused as to why they were doing that. "They know who we are, meaning our positions." He read my mind and answered for me. That cleared my confusion.

"Can we go there?" I pointed to Victoria's Secret. I do need more sleepwear. I looked at Luke and he smirked.

"Only if you let me see you wear them," He told me and I blushed even more. I ignore him and walked inside the store. I was looking through the lingerie and sleepwear, and I grabbed some that I wanted to try on.

I took the lingerie and sleepwear, and entered in the fitting room and started stripping and changed into the new lingerie, until I felt strong arms around my waist, knowing it was Luke. I turned around and faced him. "Luke! What are you doing?" I whisper-yell.

"Damn, you look sexy in this lingerie love." I could hear his low growl and it was hella sexy. "Luke, control yourself." I told him and pushed him out of the fitting room, closed the door and locked it.

"Baby, you can't keep me out too long. I can break this door down and come inside, and take you," Luke threatens.

"No you won't." I quickly changed into my clothes, knowing what I want, and walked out of the fitting room. "Dang it." I smiled at him. We held hands, walked up to the cashier to pay. I pulled my wallet out until Luke took the wallet from my hand.

"I'm paying."

"But Luke--"

"No baby. It's my treat for you, so I'm paying." He gave his card to the cashier and we got our receipt, and left the store. I was getting hungry so we went back home to eat lunch. By the time we got home, everyone was sitting down to have lunch.

"Hey girl. What did you get?" Josie asks me.

"Got a couple of things for myself from Victoria's Secret. I'll show you later," I replied to her.

"Did it make my brother go wild?" She winked at me and I looked down. "Got my answer." She gave me a side hug. The whole family was there, including the Beta of the pack, Sean. He is a very sweet guy and would do anything protect me, Alisha, Josie, and Nikki, however, he doesn't have a mate and he has not given up looking for his mate. I grabbed a plate of lunch for myself and walked towards the living room to sit next to Luke, until I had a sharp pain which caused me to gasp.

"Anya, are you okay?" Sean asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah I think I just----AH!" I cried out, my plate fell to the ground with the food on the floor, and I fell on my knees in pain when another one came.

"Luke!" I saw Sean's eyes cloud over and I knew what this was, and I couldn't blame him because he couldn't do anything.

I'm in heat.