Chapter 23 - Because She's My Mate

Hey all! Sorry that I haven't been updating this story very often. My finals just ended but I started working as well, so I've been busy with that.

---------------------------------------------------------

Anya Bhatt

"Natasha?" Josie exclaimed and we all looked at her. "No way! It can't be her. It could be any girl."

"Josie, I know that you both are becoming good friends, but it could be Natasha," Nick said.

"I can't believe it. After being kicked out of her pack, we gave her a place in our pack and she does this," I said.

"But whoever the girl is behind this, she's not the boss. She's definitely working for someone else," Johnny told us.

"You're lying! Natasha didn't do anything!" Josie yelled at Johnny.

"She did this, Josie! She caused Anya's accident. Why are you taking her side?!" Luke raised his voice at his sister.

"Luke, don't yell at her," I tell him with my weak voice.

"Because she's my mate!" And she let it out. Everyone looked at her with shock and were looking at each other.

"Natasha's your mate?" Nathan asked his cousin.

"Yes," Josie replied softly and looked down.

"Anya, can you believe it? My sister is saying this just so she can save Nata--"

When Luke looked at me, he could tell that I didn't react to Josie's outburst.

"You knew."

"Anya only knew that my mate is a girl, but she doesn't know that its Natasha. Plus I told her not to tell anyone," Josie said, defensively.

"Why?" Maria asks her daughter.

"Because I was scared, okay? I was scared that you all won't accept my sexuality and that my brothers will think that because I'm a lesbian, they will think that I will take their mates and--"

"Why would you ever think like that, Josie?" Nathan cut her off.

"Lesbian or not, we love you for who you are. Plus we already know about your sexuality, so why should we not accept you?" Maria explains to Josie.

"But we can't automatically think that Natasha is behind this. It could be anyone other girl. For the past six months, we've got ten girls get expelled from their pack for no reason and we gave them a choice to join our pack," I explain.

"Not 'we'. It was you and Alisha. You had them join our pack," Nikki said.

"Nikki, don't start again!" Nathan warns his sister.

"Yeah it can't be only Natasha. I don't think it's her," Josie said.

"Josie--"

"Luke, let's not rush into this. We'll just keep on an eye on the girls who have joined our pack, including Natasha," Nick stopped Luke.

"But Uncle Nick--"

"End of discussion, Josie."

Of course, Josie did not like his uncle's decision and looked at me for help, but even I couldn't say anything in front of the King Alpha of the pack. Josie shook her head in disbelief and stormed out of the room. "Josie!" I shout after her with a weak voice.

"Don't worry, I'll talk to her," Navya reassured me and went after Josie.

"Uncle Nick, are you sure this is the right decision?" I ask him.