Chapter 9 - Welcome to Texas

Even though the flight was not long, it felt like ages to me, but we landed in Texas safe and sound, minus the part where I felt pressure in my ears.

The plane landed and the four of us got off us the plane and walked inside the airport, and we started looking for the baggage claim area. As we were walking, we passed by an Indian restaurant and I could feel my mouth starting to water. I didn't have Indian food on the plane; I only had snacks that didn't even fill me up. I felt my legs walking towards the Indian restaurant and all of a sudden, I felt a hand grab my arm to stop me. I turned around and met with green eyes again. 

"The baggage claim is this way, baby. Where are you going?" Luke asks me.

Alisha and Nathan joined him. I have to get used to the fact that Luke is my mate now and he can't live without me and tell the truth, I'm starting to realize that I can't live without him either.

While we were on the plane, Luke explained to me about the meaning of werewolves and having a mate. The Alpha is the king and Luna is the queen of the werewolf pack. In terms of having a mate, the mate can be either a werewolf or human, and I happen to be Luke's human mate. After special moments, the human or werewolf makes a mark on the his/her mate, stating that they will always be together and their connection will be a lot stronger than ever before, and they will also start officially mating.

"Where were you going, love?" Luke asks me again. "I'm hungry."

"Whatever you ate on the plane didn't fill you up?" He asks and I shook my head. "Why didn't you say anything babe? Let's get you something," Luke took my hand in his and the four of us walked to the Indian restaurant to get something to eat, because even Alisha was even hungry.

"Hi. What can I get for you all?" a man who was standing behind the counter asked us.

"I would like samosa chaat," Alisha ordered.

"Ok. One samosa chaat.....and what would you like miss?" I could tell that the guy was flirting with me because he inched closer, asking me what I wanted. While he had his arm around my waist, Luke's body went rigid and he kissed me on the forehead. I saw the guy's face expression change from being flirty to jealousy.

"What do you want to have, baby?" I was trying hard not to laugh as I felt the possessive aura from Luke.

"I'll have the same, samosa chaat," I give in my order.

"Ok. You heard the girls," Nathan told the guy.

Within five minutes, we got our orders and while Alisha and I were eating, we noticed that our boyfriends were looking at us, eating. Alisha and I stopped eating and looked at each other, thinking the same thing.

"Why are you both looking at us while we're eating?" Alisha asked the boys.

"Nothing, you just look peaceful eating. We're just happy that you're enjoying the food," Nathan said.

"Aw how sweet of you baby," Alisha said and gave a peck on Nathan's lips.

"What about me?" I looked at Luke. He smiled at me and also gave me a peck on my lips. "I love seeing you happy baby."

God, how did I get so lucky to have Luke in my life?

Alisha and I finished eating and we threw away our food containers. We walked towards the baggage claim to get our bags and we finally got them after waiting for quite a while. As we walked outside, we saw three 2018 Cadillac Escalade and three men, who were dressed in suits, glasses and had ear pieces on, and they were two men standing on the side of each car.

I got a little intimidated seeing these six men and also got a little tense. I felt an arm around my waist and I knew it was Luke.

"Don't worry baby. They're our men," Luke said.