Chapter 16 - Anya, We're Sorry

"Watch your mouth, young lady!" Nathan's voice boomed and yelled at Nikki, and her body went tense. She looked scared.

"Nathan, don't--"

"No Alisha! She has no right to insult Anya like that, especially when she's our upcoming Luna. And she shouldn't have talked to you like that either. You're also going to be Luna soon," Nathan exclaimed.

At this point, Nathan and Luke were fuming, and Alisha and I were trying to calm them down. I was also surprised to see my parents in the living room. I walked over to them and received blessings by touching their feet. They raised their hand to bless me but didn't say a word. I stood up and looked at them in the eye.

There were so many emotions going on inside of me that I didn't know whether I was happy to see my parents or get mad at them because they hid my identity. I couldn't even meet my eyes with them.

Alisha also touched my parents' feet and they raised their hand to bless her. "I'll get our guests some water," Alisha said and grabbed the glasses from the cabinet, filled it with water, arranged them on a tray and served it to my family. She couldn't look at them in the eye either, but my family quietly took the glasses of water from Alisha. She went back to the kitchen and put the tray on the island.

I stayed in the kitchen. I didn't have the courage or the guts to go out and face my parents, and I think Luke knew that because he walked in the kitchen and stopped in front of me. For some reason, tears started to form in my eyes and a single tear landed on Luke's bare foot, and I met him with my teary eyes.

"Hey...." He looked worried. I hugged him tightly and wouldn't let go, and he was swaying me lightly to calm me down. "I can't do this," I whisper. We let go, held each other's hand and intertwining our fingers.

"Yes you can." Luke reassured me. "No, Luke. I really can't. I lied and blocked them out of my life. They're probably disappointed in me," I told him.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw Josie. "Why would they disappointed in you when its their fault? They didn't tell you about your true identity. Don't be scared and face them."

I looked at Luke and he nodded, agreeing with his sister. Well, either today or tomorrow, I have to do this. "Ok I will do it. Can you stand next to me?" I asked Luke. "Always."

Luke and I held hands and walked to the living room and saw my family and Luke's parents sitting in silence. Maria looked at me and Luke and mind linked, Thank god! I was wondering when you two were coming. Hopefully it will be less awkward.

'Not sure about that' I mind linked her back. Mama got up from the couch, walked over to me and I was expecting a hug from her, but I got something else instead, something that mothers are good at giving.

A slap.

Instead of a hug, I got a slap. I laid my hand on my right cheek in pain. Everyone got up and I saw Luke's hands clenched into fists. I put my other hand on his fists, telling him to relax.

'Luke, please don't' I mind linked him.

'Why?! Why the hell did she slap you? She has no right' He mind linked back in anger.

'Yes she does. She's my mother.' That kept him quiet. I looked at my mother. "Mama--"

"Mama...you call me mama, right? Do you even know what that means? Mother doesn't only mean a woman who gives birth to her children. She also goes through the sorrows, happiness, guilt and that never ending list that her children go through. For the past several months, you didn't tell me anything. Why?" She started and was crying already.