Chapter 20 - Double Breakfast Date

I woke up the next morning in bliss but also in a good kind of pain. I looked to my right and saw Luke was still sleeping. I smiled and watched how he was sleeping peacefully, and I kissed his nose.

'Why don't I surprise him with breakfast?' I thought to myself.

I got up from the bed, grabbed my clothes from the closet and tiptoed into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, took a shower, washed my hair, dried myself and got dressed. After I finished getting dressed,  I wrapped my hair in a towel and tiptoed out of the bathroom, and saw that Luke was still asleep. I got out the room and walked downstairs and no one was here, which only meant that everyone was asleep.

But when I got to the kitchen, I saw a little note on the island and picked up to read it. 

Anya, the whole family went on a errand. We wanted you, Luke, Alisha and Nathan to come but you all were still sleeping, so none of us woke you up. Plus, we wanted to take Navya and Ranveer out for a little while. See you soon.

Josie

I put the note in the trash and got started on making breakfast. I made waffles, pancakes, and sunny side-up, which was Nathan's favorite. As I finished, I set up the table and poured orange juice in all glasses and heard someone coming down the stairs. I turned around, hoping it was Luke, but my smile faltered a little when I saw Natasha.

"Oh hi. Good morning," I greeted her politely. I thought she went the family. "Good morning. Oooh pancakes! How did you know that they were my favorite? I'm starving!" Before I could stop her, she started eating all the breakfast that I prepared for Luke, Alisha and Nathan. I was fighting myself back to stop her. I can't really stop her. Sawyer must have starved her when he kidnapped her, so I can't blame her for being so hungry.

Everything was empty and by the time she was done eating, I saw Luke, Alisha and Nathan come down the stairs and coming to the breakfast table. Luke came to me and greeted me with a kiss to my forehead, but he could tell that I was not happy.

"Anya--"

"Good morning, Natasha. I see that you already started on your breakfast. Anya, did you make all of this?" Alisha asked me.

"Actually, I made breakfast for the four of us but I didn't know that Natasha was home. If I'd known that she was here, I would've made breakfast for her," I say, trying to calm myself down. Natasha stopped drinking the orange juice and looked at me with wide eyes and she immediately got up from the chair.

"You made all of this for them? Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I-I-I didn't know. Oh my gosh! Then what will you all eat?" She asked us.

"Don't worry, we'll go out and eat," Nathan said.

"Its just that.....when Sawyer kidnapped me, he hardly fed me that's why when I saw all this, I couldn't stop myself and just ate everything. I'm so sorry! Let me make breakfast for you all," Natasha ran to the kitchen but I stopped her.

"Its ok, Natasha. Don't worry about it. Its not your fault. Its Sawyer's fault for treating you like that. Like what Nathan said, we'll go out for breakfast. You just relax," I tell her.

"Are you sure you're not mad?" She asks me.

"I'm sure. I'm not mad at you, ok?" I reassure her and she nods. The four of us got upstairs to our rooms to get changed. I stood by the bed while Luke was getting ready. "You're not mad at her, right?"

"No why?" I ask him. Luke puts on his shirt, walks up to me and wraps his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Anya, I know you very well. You are mad but since she's new to the pack, you don't want to make her feel unwelcome."