3 | Jayden

Now | Summer 2018

The lake house didn't look half bad.

Noah and Maverick had brought in the keg.

Lamps were lit on the outside of the house.

The hammocks were tied near the lake.

The floors inside were laid with disposable carpets.

The lake house looked ready for a party exclusive to Riverange; a perfect party for graduating high school.

"Bryce!" I heard Caleb call out as he walked down the stairs. "You heard from the others?"

Bryce put the beer cans on the kitchen counter. "Yeah, Ian and Adam will bring your speakers."

The five of us gathered in the kitchen. "What about Austin?"

"He didn't pick up the phone. Maybe on his way." Maverick said, glancing at Caleb.

Caleb shrugged. He was not one to bring up his personal matters with Austin, or anyone else, when we were looking forward to a nice night with all our friends.

Noah picked up a beer. "Everyone's gonna be here in, like, 10 minutes. I'm ready to be smashed." He plopped down on a chair.

"So am I." Maverick grabbed a beer, too.

He gestured for Caleb to take one too, but he shook his head. "Later. I gotta pick Crystal up."

"What's up with Austin, man! He better not bail." Bryce groaned.

"I don't think he will." I assured him.

He had to be here.

He had to be.

This party had to be perfect.

All Rights Reserved