23 | Crystal - I

Now | Summer 2018

Part I

"Guys, drink this," Dalia and I were passing water bottles to the people gathered around in the living room in hopes that it'll sober them up a little.

"Chrys, I think that's enough." Lia says, flipping an empty bottle to the recycle bin. "Let's get them out now."

It was difficult, to say the least, to lead half drunk and half scared teenagers quietly from round that main house and the parking area.

The ones who weren't wasted were helping us.

We took a few at a time and made our way to the out house, shushing and tumbling.

I couldn't feel my feet by the time half of them were out.

"Chrys, go check if we're all right to go." Dalia said as she approached me through the mass of people in the narrow pathway between the main house and the trees.

I nodded, making my way to the out house.

"Caleb? Jayden?" I called when I reached the side wall, careful not to get too close to the fence.

"Up here," Caleb's face appeared at the corner of the roof. "Noah is taking Mav across first. We'll call you when we set the plank."

"You sure a plank would get us all through?"

He shrugged, wiping sweat from his forehead. "We gotta try."

"When should I bring 'em up?" I asked.

"How about, never?"

I jumped back away from the fence in fright; but still wasn't fast enough to avoid the fire poker Adam jabbed right at me through the fence.

All Rights Reserved