4 | Austin

Then | Summer 2017

July 3, 12:39 P.M.

Hangovers were pretty common those days.

So I wasn't surprised when my head had threatened to explode any second when I woke up that day.

We hadn't draw the curtains the night before, so Adam's living room was flooded with sunshine.

My grumpy, hungover, mood worsened when I turned on the couch and my eyes landed on Adam and Crystal curled up together on the sofa opposite the couch.

I couldn't keep my eyes from wandering from Crystal's beautiful face to where Adam's hand was wrapped around her tiny waist.

The glare of the sun must have interrupted her serene slumber because her eye lids twitched, but she just rolled around and snuggled into Adam's arms.

Approximately two seconds later her breathing turned calm and I knew she had returned to her peaceful sleep.

The familiar swirl of jealousy rose in my chest.

I heard someone snigger.

My eyes found Dalia's brown ones. She was sitting on the carpet, where she had slept the night before.

She had always been weird like that.

"Quit it, Austin." She said, rubbing her eyes. "It's pathetic and I don't wanna see it when I'm hungover."

I didn't say anything.

Dalia's movement had caused Liza to groggily wake up, too.

As always, she was quick to catch up. "She's your best friend's girlfriend." She states, as if that's new, then leaves to go to the kitchen.

"Would you two stop? I didn't even say anything." I mumbled.

Dalia rolled her eyes. "You think she's better than us. That she doesn't notice, right? Wake up, Lynch."

At that moment, rage and jealousy were the only emotions burning inside me. For all of them, even Crystal.

One day, they'll all have it coming.

All Rights Reserved