21 | Crystal

Now | Summer 2018

"Why are you doing this to her?" The words were slipping out of my mouth, tumbling over each other.

I wasn't thinking.

I was just saying what I should have said a long time ago.

Fragile Liz, so broken, so miserable- seeing her like that snatched out my last straw.

I continued, fuming. "You like torturing her, why, Adam? Because she doesn't like you back? Because she sees you just the way you are? A fucking sadist pig. Despite that, she probably fucked you more times than I did, you asshole. Why can't you accept that she's happy with Daniel-"

I stopped abruptly.

Not, is. Was. Gone now.

"Oh, my God," I started in a whisper. "Did you- did you do anything to Daniel? Is that why he-" I stopped again and stared at Adam in horror.

No one said anything for a while.

Not even the two pig besties.

"Crys, let's get inside." A warm hand wrapped around me and I realized I was shaking like a leaf.

I turned my head to see Jayden gazing at me with those intense, dark eyes of his, rubbing my arm soothingly.

He lead me inside, with the others following without a word.

On the inner patio, I sat on one chair. Caleb made Dalia sit on other. Liz and Mav were settled on the lounge chairs.

Caleb and Jayden were whispering something to one another. After a few minutes, they turned to us.

"We have a plan."

All Rights Reserved