Ch. 6

*Dahlia's POV*

I walked around the beach for a few more hours before I decided to go back to Liz's. When I finally got back, I seen that Austin's car was gone. I felt so relieved.

When I got inside the house Liz was laying on the couch, watching tv. I sat down on the floor in front of her, leaning against the couch.

Liz reached out and played with my hair. "You okay?"

I nodded. "I'm scared."

"Why?"

I shrugged. "I have a crush on Austin. I have since the second I saw him. And that scares me." I turned to face Liz. "I don't ever wanna go through what I went through again."

Liz cupped my chin. "Dahl. Andrew's death was an accident. So was Anthony's. You have to stop blaming yourself."

I felt tears on my cheeks. "I miss them, Liz. I feel so empty and sad."

Liz sat up and slid down on the floor next to me. "I miss them too. But there's nothing we can do." She wrapped her arm around me. "You have to move on and live your life. Get rid of this attitude and be happy. Bring the old Dahlia back."

I shook my head. "Dahlia died the same day Andrew and Anthony did. I can't bring her back any better than I can bring them back."

She rubbed my back. "Give Austin a chance. We were talking while you were gone, and he likes you. He wants to get to know you."

I looked at her, thinking. "I can't." I whispered through tears. "I just can't." I pushed Liz away and stood, walking upstairs and hiding myself away in Liz's room. I knew what I had to do.