Ch. 35

*Dahlia's POV*

*one year later*

I sat in the backyard with Julia in my lap. I smiled at her. She had Austin's thick brown hair, his beautiful brown eyes, but she had my mom's smile. She smiled up at me. I looked up at the night sky, full of stars. "She's beautiful like you, Mom."

Austin came out and handed me a glass of tea and took Julia, sitting in the chair next to me. Julia cuddled up to him, rested her head on his shoulder. Austin smiled and rubbed her back. "Someone's sleepy."

"It's bed time." I said, yawning. "For Mama too."

He smiled. "If I put her to bed, you have to promise to stay awake with me. We can watch the stars."

I smiled. "And exchange kisses?"

"Of course." He said, standing up and kissing me.

He went into the house and after a few minutes he came out with a baby monitor in hand. He smiled. "Nothing says romance like a baby monitor."

I chuckled. He held his hand out. "Come here." I took his hand and he led me to one of the lounge chairs, laying down and pulling me into his lap.

I laid down and looked at the stars. "They're so beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." He whispered, kissing the top of my head.

I smiled. "Look at the way they shine. It's like a million tiny diamonds in the sky."

"I know. It's like something from a dream." He said. His hands rested on my waist. "Turn around, baby."

I sat up and turned around, straddling his lap and craning my neck to look directly above me. "I love the nighttime sky. It sparkles."

"You think it sparkles more than this?" He said.

I looked down at Austin. He held a huge diamond ring in front of me. My heart swelled and I felt a huge smile spread across my face. Austin smiled.

"It's beautiful." I said, not able to stop smiling.

Austin slipped it on my finger. "Dahlia, will you marry me?"

I wrapped my arms around him. "Of course I will, my king." I smiled and kissed him.