Ch. 32

*Austin's POV*

*3 weeks later*

I sat in the kitchen trying to force myself to eat. But I was depressed and had no appetite. I missed Dahlia. I knew she left because she's afraid. I wish I could show her that everything will be okay. I hated that she was afraid.

I picked at my food and then threw my plate in the sink, shattering it. I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair. There was a knock on the door and then I heard Liz and Benny.

"Austin?" Liz called.

"Kitchen." I said.

They came in and Liz ran over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist and rested her head on my back. "Austin, are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yep."

Benny started cleaning up the broken plate. "You guys need to talk. She's falling apart too."

I rested my head in my hands. "She's the one who left."

Benny chuckled. "Austin. You've met our mom. You think Dahlia's gonna be mentally stable?"

I looked up at him. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

He leaned against the counter. "She's 6 months pregnant. She's madly in love with you. She already lost a fiance and a son." He cracked his neck. "You think she's gonna handle you leaving for months on end?"

Liz pulled away from me and stood next to me. "We know she's majorly overreacting. But she does love you. She's panicking and she's pulling herself away. That's what crazy girls do."

Benny nodded. "She did this when she was pregnant with Anthony." He shrugged. "Not to this extent, but she panicked and broke up with Andy and left."

Liz smiled and patted my hand. "Call her."

Benny walked towards the door. "Do it, man." He motioned towards the door. "C'mon, Liz. We gotta go."