Ch. 22

*Austin's POV*

I pulled up to Dahlia's house. Today was the day she was gonna move in with me.

I turned my truck off and got out, almost walking directly into Cal. I stepped back. "Whoa. Sorry, man. I didn't see you there."

He glared at me. "You're taking my girl away."

I frowned. "Dahlia?"

His jaw tightened. "Yes, boy. Are you stupid? Lori left and now Dahlia is leaving me."

"Dahlia doesn't belong to you." I said, stepping around him and walking up to the house. The front door was wide open and I could see Dahlia in the living room taping a box closed. She wore blue jeans shorts and a baggy black tshirt. Her hair was pulled into a sloppy bun and she wore no makeup. She looked gorgeous.

"Hey, beautiful." I said, stepping into the doorway.

She looked up. "Hey." She smiled.

I smiled back and motioned her to come towards me. She grinned and walked over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist. I kissed the top of her head. "Are you excited?"

She nodded. "I started packing the morning after we talked."

"Is everything upstairs?" I asked.

She pulled away. "Yeah. This is the only box I have down here. It's got some of my books in it."

I nodded. "Okay. Let's get the bigger stuff in the truck first, and then we'll squeeze in the little stuff."

Her hands rested on her hips and she nodded. "Sounds good."

---

"Dude!" Dahlia said, dropping the box in her hands on the floor. "What the fuck did I put in here? It's so heavy!"

I laughed. "Don't hurt yourself, babe."

She sat down on the bed and looked around, biting her lip. I knew she did that when she was in deep thought. I leaned down in front of her. "What's wrong?"

She looked at me. "Are you sure about me moving in?"

"Yes." I said. "I haven't been so sure about anything in a long time."

She looked at the floor. "Okay."

I held her hands. "Listen." I kissed her. "If you don't think this is a good idea, then we don't have to do this. I understand. We're moving incredibly fast. The day I asked you to move in was the day we made it official." She looked up at me. I smiled. "But, correct me if I'm wrong, it feels right."

Dahlia smiled. "It does."

I stood up and pulled her up with me. "Don't worry about the small stuff, babe. We got this."

She smiled bigger and wrapped her arms around me, kissing me. "We'll be the couple that rules the world."

I smiled. "Okay, my queen, let's finish unpacking so we can get some food."

"Yes, sir." She said, kissing me and walking away.