Ch. 26

*Dahlia's POV*

*2 months later*

"How's she doing today?" I asked the nurse.

She smiled. "Very well. She's remembering a lot. Today's a good day."

I smiled. Austin held my hand. "See, baby? I told you she'd be okay."

The nurse handed us our visitors passes and we walked to her room. I stopped in front of the door and took a deep breath.

"Are you okay?" Austin asked.

I nodded. "Just nervous. I just hope she's okay."

He kissed me. "Relax."

I grabbed his hand and opened the door. Mom sat in front of the window, her hair was pulled back out of her face. Her skin was cleared up. No more scabs.

I smiled. "She looks so young."

She turned and smiled at me. "Dahlia!" She jumped up and came to me, hugging me tighter than she ever has. I wrapped my arms around her, tears running down my cheeks and into her hair. She pulled away, holding my hands and looking me up and down. "Dahlia Rose, you look so beautiful."

"You look amazing, Mom." I shook my head. "You look healthy and young."

She looked at Austin and smiled bigger. "Hello." She winked at me. "He's cute."

I smiled and took Austin's hand. "Mom, this is my boyfriend, Austin."

Austin smiled and held his hand out. "Nice to meet you."

Mom smiled and kissed his cheek. "Nice to meet you too." She took my hand and led me over to the living room area. We sat down and Mom sat across from us in her chair. "How have you been?"

"I've been good." I said. "Austin makes me very happy." We smiled at eachother.

Mom smiled. "I'm glad to hear that."

I felt my eyes filling up again. "It's so good to have you back, Mom."

She nodded. "It's good to be back. From what my doctors are saying, I have multiple personality disorder."

"That's what Benny said." I said. Austin held my hand and put his arm around me. "Mom, I'm sorry we had to put you in here. I just couldn't take care of you anymore. You haven't been yourself in such a long time."

Mom shook her head. "You and your brother need to stop apologizing. I'm sick, Dahlia. I need proper care. You're young. You need to live your life." She frowned. "I do have one question though."

"What's that?"

"What happened to Cal?" She asked.

I shrugged. "I haven't seen him since the day I moved out."

She nodded. "Oh." She shook her head and smiled. "Oh well. So tell me, are you guys trying for a baby?"

I frowned. "Why would you ask that?"

She shrugged. "Well I know how much you must miss Anthony. I just assumed you'd want to have another baby soon."

Austin shook his head. "We haven't really talked about it."

I looked at him. "That's something we can't rush in to."

He nodded. "I agree."

I smiled and kissed him.

"Dahlia. There is something I must say, while I'm still in my right mind." She motioned for me to come to her. Then she looked at Austin. "Dear, would you mind giving Dahlia and I a minute?"

He smiled and stepped out of the room.

---

*austin's POV*

I stepped out of the room and stood in the hallway. It warmed my heart to see Dahlia so happy. I could tell she loved her mom.

After a few minutes I heard her mom start yelling.

"Who are you?! Where's Victoria?!"

I ran into the room. Dahlia was still kneeled down in front of chair, crying. The chair was flipped over and her mom had her back pressed against the wall, looking panicked.

"Mommy, please! Don't leave me again!" Dahlia screamed through her sobs.

Her mom looked at me. "Help me! Please!"

I ran to Dahlia and picked her up. She sobbed. Nurses and doctors rushed in, pinning her mother to the wall. I carried Dahlia away and she twisted out of my arms, falling to the ground. She got up and ran to her mom. "Mom! Please! Look at me! It's Dahlia! I'm your daughter!" She screamed. "Please! Remember me!"

I grabbed her around the waist and pulled her away. She kicked at me and tried getting away from me.

The doctors gave her mom a shot and her body went limp. Dahlia screamed. "What did you do to her?!"

I threw her over my shoulder and carried her out of the hospital. The whole time she kicked and screamed an hit me. I fought back tears.