Ch. 34

*Austin's POV*

There was a knock on my door and I walked over and opened it. Dahlia stood there. Her black eye makeup ran down her face, her eyes were red and puffy.

She looked up at me. "Hi."

I tried smiling at her, but she looked so sad. It broke my heart. "Hi."

She shrugged. "My mom's dead."

I felt my eyes widen. "What?"

She looked at the ground. "My mom's dead. Her heart just stopped in her sleep." She looked back up at me, her eyes filling with tears. "She was not even 4 feet away from me and she died."

I grabbed her arm and pulled her inside, slamming the door and wrapping my arms as tight around her as I could. She relaxed into me and cried. I kissed the top of her head.

"Austin, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have left. I love you so much." She said through tears.

I stroked her hair. "Baby, it's okay."

She pulled away and shook her head. "No. It's not okay. Music is your life. I shouldn't wanna leave just because you're living your dream."

I tucked her hair behind her ear. "I understand."

She pushed me away again. "No. Austin, I want you to tour and travel and live the life you wanna live. I love you. I want you to be happy."

I smiled. "I love you, Dahlia. Now, please, come here. Let me hold you."

She hesitated for a moment. She bit her lip. "Can I come home?"

"Baby." I held her hands. "Of course."

She wrapped her arms around me and cried into my chest.