Ch. 9

*Austin's POV*

I was walking down the street with Benny when I saw Dahlia sitting alone in the cemetery by my house. She sat in front of a headstone smoking a cigarette.

I tapped Benny's arm. "Is that your sister?"

Benny turned and sighed. "Yeah." He stopped and ran his fingers through his hair. "I should go talk to her."

"Could I?" I said.

He smiled. "Sure. I'll meet you back at the house." He walked away.

I walked over the gate and found Dahlia. She didn't hear me walk up.

"I miss you guys. I wish you were here to help me with Mom." She ran her fingers over the headstone. The name Andrew Marshall was on it. Dahlia ran her fingers through her hair. "She's getting worse everyday. Today, she though I was Victoria again so I had to just pretend I was her." She ran her fingers over another smaller headstone. It read, Anthony Marshall. "She asks about you almost everyday." She started crying. "I'm so sorry, Anthony. I should've kept you safe."

I knelt down and touched her shoulder. She jumped and moved away from me. Her face was pale white and her cheeks wet with tears.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, wiping her eyes.

"I was walking by and seen you. I wanted to make sure you were okay." I said.

She looked at me. "I'm fine." She stood up and brushed off her pants. "Leave me alone."

I stood up. I was getting angry. "Why are you like this? Sometimes you're nice to me, sometimes you're snotty and rude." I sighed. "I'm trying here. I like you. You're beautiful and I wanna know you."

She searched my eyes and then looked down at the headstones, then back up at me. "I have to go." Then she took off. She was gone before I could say anything.