Chapter Six

It was the middle of the night and Frankenstein was patrolling the backyard. She had been doing this ever since she first moved into this place to keep anyone from attacking (f/n). So far, there had been nothing but for the last few days, she had noticed a few strange birds flying around the house. Tonight was no different as she saw some crows flying around the buildings, almost like it was trying to look inside the windows. She watched them as they flew by every single window before flying away.

She stayed out for another hour but the birds never returned. She made a mental note to tell the others tomorrow before returning to her room.

------------------------------------

 "So, if what you are saying is true, someone might be using birds to spy on us?" (f/n) said as Frankenstein nodded. She had written down what happened the night before and gathered everyone in the living room.

"Why would anyone want to spy on us?" Mordred asked. "The only people who known about us are the mages who gave us this place."

"That isn't true." Marsh said. "There is the man who attacked (f/n) before he summoned all of you."

"What became of this man?" Marie asked.

"I have no idea." (f/n) said. "Archabald never said anything about catching him so I assumed he is still at large."

"Well if the guy is still at large and tried to kill you, it is only natural that is still trying to kill you." Nobunaga said. "He is scouting you out, the see if it safe to kill you."

"That is terrible." Tamamo said as she grabbed (f/n) and hugged him tight. "Don't worry darling, I will protect you from the bad man."

"Get off of him. You are going to break his bones." Marsh said as she tried to separate Tamamo from (f/n).

"So, what is out next step?" Scathach said.

"I would recommend that Frankenstein continues her nightly patrols but she shouldn't be the only one doing it. Lack of sleep will catch up with her so someone needs to switch with her every other night." (f/n) said.

"I can do that." Mordred said. "I already sleep through most of our classes so lack of sleep won't be a problem for me."

"Good. Now, we need to find out who has been sending these birds."

"I can ask around town." Mata said. "I have free time during the day while you guys are at school."

"I can defend the house while you are away." Scathach said. "And I would recommend from now on, someone must be at (f/n)'s side at all times, just in case someone attacks him."

"I CAN DO THAT." Tamamo said as she hugged even tighter. "I will even sleep with him to make sure no on attacks him during the night."

"Like hell you will." Marsh said as she summoned her shield and hit Tamamo on the head.

"Lively as ever, I see." Archabald said as he walked into the room. "What are you guys all discussing?"

"Frankenstein had seen a bunch of strange bird flying around the windows every night." (f/n) said. " We were making a plan in case the man who attacked was the one sending these bird is trying to attack me."

"Spoiler alert, it is." Nobunaga said.

"How do you know that?"

"I asked the author."

"The author of what?"

"The author of this story. Who else would I ask?"

"Moving on. Why are you here? You normally only show up when something has been broken and we haven't broken anything in the last two days."

"I here because we believe enough time has passed that you can summon another hero into this world." Archabald said.

"I can summon someone else?"

"Are you sure he has enough mana?" Scathach asked. "He should have used more than what is possible to summon all of us, which would mean he used part of his life force to complete the summon. Because of that, he should not have any mana left and it would take some time to restore all of that."

"Normally that would be true but we believe that (f/n) has more mana that the normal summoner." Arachabald.

"What proof do you have of this?"

"For starters, he summoned all of you without dying. Summoning more than one hero is next to impossible without some side effects but (f/n) seems completely fine after summoning eight of you. While we believe he used most of the mana he had to finish summoning all of you, we believe he had some left. That, combine with the time that has passed, should give him enough mana to summon one more hero."

"That makes. Just be warned that if this fails, I will end your life."

"Noted. Now, please draw the circle so we can begin.

"HOLD ON." Marsh said. "Do we really need another hero around here? We are enough to protect him, we don't need any more."

"You are just afraid that if summons another girl, there will be more competition for his attention." Tamamo said as Marsh threw her shield at her head.

"Marsh does have a point.' (f/n) said. "I have enough people here to protect me."

"One more protector wouldn't hurt, especially now that you believe that you are in danger." Archabald said. "It is better to have too much protection than not enough."

"Why doesn't the group you work for send some protection?"

"One, we are currently spread a little thin right now. And two, it is only natural for a summoner to be guarded but his summons."

"May I ask why you are spread thin and can't send any more help?" Marie asked.

"It is none of your business and nothing you need to worry about." Archabald said.

"All right. I will do it." (f/n) said as they all moved to the backyard. (f/n) drew the magi circle as Archablad told him what it should it look like. After it was done, (f/n) touched the circle and started to poured mana into it. After some time, a figure appeared in the center of the circle.

---------------------------------------

After the summoning was complete, a crow that had been watching the whole thing flew away. It flew for a few minutes till it was on the outskirts of towns.

"So, what have you learned?" The hooded man said as the crow flew right into his shadow. "So, he is summoned another one. Looks like I need to work faster, before his army can grow anymore."

--------------------------

 Voting time. This time, I want to know which female servant you want to join the cast. Please leave a comment and please only suggest one of them. The one people want the most will be added into this story next chapter. If it is a tie, I will pick the one I think will be the most interesting to write. Happy voting and I will see you next chapter.