Chapter Eight

"Why is there a knife in a sandwich?" (f/n) asked as he looked over the scene in the kitchen. He had come to get something to eat when he noticed that the kitchen was trashed and there was a sandwich with a knife in it lying on the table.

"Looks like there is a mystery my dear Watson." Nobunaga said, appearing out of nowhere wearing a Sherlock Holmes hat and holding a magnifying glass.

"Did you stab the sandwich just, so we have all have to solve some stupid mystery?"

"Nope."

"Did you stab the sandwich because you were super bored?"

"Nope."

"Are you going to drag me along with you on this mystery?"

"Yes. Now let's gather everyone." Nobunaga grabbed (f/n)'s hand and ran off. 

-------------------------------

"Now I bet you are all wondering why I gathered you all here." Nobunaga said as everyone else was sitting down. There was a large board with a sheet over it behind Nobunaga.

"Is this going to be a waste of our time?" Jeanne Alter asked.

"No. Now I have gathered you all here because of this." Nobunaga pulled the sheet off the board, which was filled with pictures of the destroyed kitchen and the stabbed sandwich. "We are going to find out who stabbed this sandwich."

"And, may I ask, why are we doing this?" Marie asked.

"Because I have nothing else to do and I locked all the doors out of this room and will only unlock them after this mystery is solved." Nobunaga said. "Now, we need to go over what everyone did today in order to figure this out. First, (f/n)."

"I went to where Archablad is staying in order to give him a damage report on the building. I decided to bring Fou since he never leaves the house and he ran off along the way. After I tracked him down and made my way to Archabald's place, it was around noon, so he invited me to join him for lunch. I gave him my report and asked him if he had any new leads on who attacked. He didn't but he suggested that I learn magic from Tamamo along with learning how to defend myself with a blade. After lunch, I made my way home and since it was a long walk, I decided to get a small snack. When I entered the kitchen, I found the mess."

"I can back up his story." Marsh said. "I tried to find him this morning but was unable to."

"All right, guess you aren't the culprit." Nobunaga said. "But I must ask, Marsh, what did you do after you unable to find (f/n)."

"After I couldn't find sempai, I went to the library in order to catch up on my homework. While there, I saw Scathach reading something. She also helped me with a few things. I was doing that till you dragged us all here."

"I can vouch for that. And before you ask, all I did today was eat a quick breakfast and was reading various things in the library waiting for (f/n) to return. Much like how I helped Marsh with her homework, I was going to help him when he returned." Scathach said.

"I guess that checks out. You don't do a whole lot besides read and break up fights." Nobunaga said. "Guess we will move on. Frankenstein, what did you do all day?"

"I can answer that." Mordered said. "I sparred with her for a while and then she waited by the front door for (f/n) to return while I took a nap. And you dragged me out of my room and woke me up."

"Oh yeah, you did try to stab me when I was bringing you to this room. All right, you two off the hook." Nobunaga said. "Next, Mata."

"I spent my day making sure everyone else was safe inside the house." Mata said. "While Frankenstein patrols the outside, I normally patrol the inside and check up on everyone during the day. I can actually vouch for everyone story here expect for Marie and Jeanne Alter. Both of them entered the kitchen at different times and I never went into the kitchen."

"Why didn't you enter the kitchen?"

"Because I was waiting to eat lunch with (f/n)."

"All right, that leaves our most likely subjects, Marie and Jeanne Alter. Who is going first?"

"I will." Marie said. "I was spending my time trying to cook."

"Why?"

"Because I was hoping to cook something for (f/n) when he returned. However, it didn't go so well and some of my ingredients landed on the floor and various cabinets. While I would normally ask for help in cleaning up my mess, I was embarrassing by my failure and planned on cleaning up this mess myself. So, I left the kitchen to find some cleaning supplies when Nobunaga found me."

"And Jeanne Alter?" Nobunaga asked as everyone stared at Jeanne Alter.

"Why are you all looking at me? I didn't do anything. I never even entered the kitchen." Jeanne Alter said.

"But I saw you enter the kitchen before Nobunaga dragged me into this room." Mata said.

"OK, so maybe I did enter the kitchen, but I didn't do anything. I saw the mess and walked away. I was found by Nobunaga shorty after."

"Are you sure about that?" Nobunaga said, getting very close to Jeanne Alter's face.

"Yes, I am positive. Now could you please get away from me." Jeanne Alter said as Nobunaga got even closer to her face.

"Are you sure? Are you positive that you didn't enter the kitchen in order to cook yourself a meal and failed?" Nobunaga kept getting closer and closer till her nose was touching Jeanne Alter's.

"Yes, get away from me before I cut your head off."

"Or maybe you decided to cook for you and (f/n) and when you failed, you attack the failed meal and stabbed the sandwich."

"I most certainly did not try to cook up two grilled cheese sandwiches and went the first one lit on fire, I most certainly did not stab that one and the other sandwich I had planned on cooking for (f/n)." Jeanne Alter's face got more and more red as she spoke.

"Case closed." Nobunaga said as she put a pair of sunglasses on. "Jeanne Alter, I sentence you to cleaning up the kitchen."

"Fine."

"Great. Now you are all free to go." Nobunaga threw the key to Mata, who unlocked the door and escorted Jeanne Alter to the kitchen.

"So, where was the other sandwich?" (f/n) asked as Nobunaga pulled out another photo. It was of a sandwich that had been stabbed and was stuck to the celling. "All right. Did you know it was Jeanne Alter the whole time?"

"Maybe, maybe not."

"I never know what is going on in that head of yours."

"And you never will but you have to admit, this was a pretty entertaining afternoon."

"Yeah, I guess you are right. Now if you excuse me, I have a bunch of homework to get done." (f/n) left the room and gathered up his school work. Then he went to the library and did his homework with Marsh and Scathach's help.

--------------------------------

So, I didn't get any suggestions and during work, I thought it would be funny to have a murder mystery about a sandwich and then I wrote this chapter. Please give me idea or I will keep writing chapters like these.