Vol 2 Part 3: Returning to Vale

(no ones POV)(Xiao Long residence)(14:00 PM)

It was a day like any other. The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming. In days like these nothing can go wrong. Inside the Xiao Long house, Tai was sitting in the couch of his home while looking at an old family portrait. He left the TV on while listening the news, they were talking about the increase in grimm activity and the Vytal festival. Zwei was resting on Tai's lap while being pet behind his ears. 

*Knock**Knock**Knock*

The sound of knocking on the door woke Zwei and brought Tai out of his melancholy.

Tai(mind): Who can It Be?

Tai: Wait a second!

Tai went to the door while Zwei followed him from behind. Once at the door, he put the key inside the bolt and opened it.

Tai: How can I he-

Tai could not finish what he was going to say when he saw who was knocking on the door. The person looked like a machine but with human features at the same time, so Tai assumed that he was a Cyborg. The Cyborg was staring at Tai, as if he were trying to pierce his soul with his eyes.

 The Cyborg was staring at Tai, as if he were trying to pierce his soul with his eyes

Mecha: Greetings, my name is Mecha. I think you are Mr. Xiao Long, am I wrong?

Tai: You're not wrong... what do you want?

Mecha: I work for Atlas military forces, my purpose of being here is to ask you some questions. According to reports, you are the father of (y/n) Branwen or better known as the armored dragon of greed.

Tai: We... *sigh* We aren't on good terms.

Mecha: Does it bother you if I go in?

Tai: Not at all, please come in. Would you like a cup of tea?

Mecha: No thanks, please continue to tell me the last time you saw your son.

Once inside, Mecha began to analyze the house from the inside in search of energy signals while listening to Tai's story. Obviously, Tai lied in his story, saying that the last time he saw his son was in the fight that (y/n) had against Yang. But Mecha suspected the truth of the story, Tai's tone of voice did not sound as sad as he tried to pretend.

Mecha(mind): There are no sources of energy that detect the presence of (y/n) in this place, but neither I will  obtain information from his father. He is determined to protect his son, hopefully he would have done it before. Maybe he wouldn't have abandoned him if he had acted like a real father in the past, sometimes reading these types of reports is a bit depressing.

Mecha put a finger in his ear to activate the communicator he had and notify that the target was not in the house.

Mecha: Don't come in, the target is not here.

Tai: Huh?

Soldier1(radio): What did he say?

Soldier2(radio): He say "get in, the target is here"!