Foreword

I was sitting on my comfortable armchair near the bedroom window and had my favorite book in my hands but I wasn't reading anymore. Loud music was filling the room while I was staring out the window, at the big flourished trees outside.

Nothing ever changes here.

I have the same friends since I can remember myself, adore them and consider them family but I never get to meet new people. We always go out to the same places, restricted more from the lack of choices rather our age.

I want more.

I crave more.

I want to meet people. I want to fall in love; and I want someone to fall in love with me too.

Every two months or so, I have a new flirt but it never gets to the point of a relationship though. I usually grow so bored of the game and the waiting around, that nothing ever happens. Because every time I go out on a date with someone that isn't boring, he decides to wait for me to make the next move. I can't make the first move, if my life depended on it.

I blame my insecurities and the fact that my long term childhood crush has never looked at me in the way that I always hoped.

For now, all I want is to leave this town and move on to different and bigger things.

And leave some people and feelings behind.

A friend once told me "Be careful what you wish for, because you might get it".

Well, if only I'd listened.

+++

Authors Note:

Hey guys, this story was written back in 2009 and re-edited at least 4-5 years ago. It was my very first story, so bear with me! I would love to read your comments anyhow :)