Chapter 6 - You make me glow glow

Title Credits: Glow by Nelly Furtado

+++

You'd thought that by now I would get used to the luxuries, but no, I haven't. Not a bit! I was very careful to control my jaw so it wouldn't drop. The hotel was extraordinary.

Our suite had a living room and dining room in white and light beige colors. The last time I saw a dining room in a hotel room, was on Pretty Woman. I was speechless.

On my left there was two doors, leading to the brown and beige bedroom; a king size bed in the middle of the room.

I walked into the room; catching a better view. On the right it had sliding glass doors leading to the breath taking view of white sand covering in huge palm-trees and deep blue sea. On my left there were three doors; the one leading into a closet and the other two into a huge bathroom. I could image the bathtub filling with hot water and me relaxing. The groom left our luggage in the living room and left. Two arms hugged my waist, pulling out of my reverie.

"Do you like it?" he asked smiling and planting a soft kiss on my shoulder.

"Are you kidding?" I widened my eyes "This looks like the house of my dreams," I breathed "Okay, it doesn't because am gonna be a fucking fabulous architect," I chuckled.

"You're very modest," he scoffed.

"You have to be; if you want to be the best," I told him tilting my head back to look at him "Right?" I asked. He was as cocky and arrogant as no one I knew; that got him to be the best in what he did.

"Quick learner too," he added and touched his lips to mine; smiling.

I walked into the living room, took my bag and went back into the room to unfold my clothes into the closet.

"Leave them; the housekeepers will do it," and he took my hand, leading to the porch.

"When are you leaving for dinner with the clients?" I asked. I came prepared for spending a long time alone, since he was on a business trip. A long time alone on a paradise; then spend all night with my handsome boyfriend. I didn't mind at all!

"Four hours" he replied looking at me "and I'll come back to get you for the after party"

"Excuse me?" I was taken aback "Why?" I stumbled on my words "Why would I be in the after party of your business deal?" my voice full with stress; my eyes wide. He smiled and put his hands on my shoulders.

"What happen to being arrogant enough to succeed?" he muffled a smile.

"I'm cocky enough to believe I would be able to design whatever comes out of my head but not that I would be able to stand next to you while you walk around your business clients," I sounded like I was having a breakdown; which I think I was.

"Calm down love," he smiled forcing his eyes on me "I guess you don't have a dress with you?"

"No," I almost cried. That was a big factor as to why I was panicking.

"Let's go then."

"Go where?"

"Shopping," he smiled as if it was obvious.

[+++]

The saleswoman first showed me a long dress that I didn't really like; I would felt even more stressed in a long dress. She left me in the huge dressing room only to reappear with a short green dress. That I liked.

Alex was patiently waiting in a comfy couch just outside the dressing room; which was big enough to be my room. I took a glance at the price ticket when I was alone, but didn't understand much because I didn't knew the exchange rate.