Chapter 16 I'm so scared about the future and I wanna talk to you

Title Credit: Talk by Coldplay 

+++ 

I never had to sneak around. Ever. I never had a relationship that I had to hide from other people; but there's a first time for everything.

For the past week, the only time I got to see Damien was when I was on my way to Cleo's room. We exchanged messages though. One thing that made me happy within all this mess was that I had him to myself as he had broken up with his girlfriend that night.

I was hoping that the following weekend, when Cleo and her boyfriend Mike were planning a romantic weekend away, I would get the chance to be alone with Damien.

I was praying that it would be the same weekend that Max planned to go camping with his male friends. Otherwise my plans would have to wait.

[+++]

"Its settled. We're going to the beach house for the weekend. Get your stuff ladybug," Damien texted me Thursday night.

"I'll get my stuff in a bag after they leave," I texted back. I wanted to be sure that I wasn't going to get caught.

I was playing Sherlock Holmes with the twins on Friday. I had to know for sure when they were leaving and when they would come back. Damien, of course, thought I was being paranoid and over dramatic.

I packed my bag Friday night, as I was planning, after the twins left. As I was waiting for Damien to pick me up, I realized I was feeling nervous; my palms were sweaty and my heart was racing. This would be the first time I was going to be alone with him. And we weren't just friends now.

I jumped up from the couch when my phone vibrated in my hand; notifying me that he was outside.

"You look weird," he stated as I sat in the car. I looked at him and narrowed my eyes.

"I always look weird to you."

"True," he chuckled.

"You're lucky you're driving!" I pointed my finger at him and poked him on the arm. "As soon as we get there you're dead!" I threatened. He chuckled again and twisted my finger. "Ouch! Idiot! You're so dead," I exclaimed.

"You're on, ladybug!" he nodded. Fighting was the perfect excuse to get near him without feeling awkward or nervous.

When we arrived, I walked into the house and opened all the windows and doors, as I always did when I went to the beach house.

"Should I open just your room?" I asked him; my face turning a little red.

"Yeah," he nodded as he put the food he had bought in the fridge "Unless you want to sleep in another room," he grinned.

"If I wanted to sleep alone, I would have stayed home," I raised my eyebrows. He turned around, closing the fridge with one hand and leaned lightly against the door; a smile on his face.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Nothing," he replied; keeping his smile. I narrowed my eyes and turned around to go to his room.

"Hey hey," he stopped me. I turned around again and found him just a step away from me.

"Yes?" I smiled at him, looking up. I was on the first step and still I had to look some inches upwards. He didn't reply. He just put his hands on either side of my face and leaned down and touched his lips to mine for the first time that day.

I tried to control my breathing as I didn't want him to realize how eager I was. My fingers clutched his t-shirt and made their way to his chest as our lips parted and his tongue stroked mine, making me moan into the kiss. He pulled back after several minutes and we both struggled to catch our breaths. My heart was going insane and the butterflies in my stomach were ecstatic.