Chapter 3 - Many happy returns

"Hey babe," Cleo called me as I entered her house. Damien was there, lying on the couch watching TV.

"What's up?" I asked sitting down next to Damien's head "Besides becoming couch potatoes," I chuckled and tapped his head. I looked Cleo in the eye for a moment, letting her know that I wanted to talk to her alone.

"I'm good. You?" Damien asked me and put his head on my lap; keeping his eyes on the TV.

"Yeah. Begun studying English."

"Mom left spaghetti but I want pizza," Cleo said pouting "What do you want?" she looked at Damien and me.

"Pizza," I agreed.

"Whatever. I'm going upstairs," Damien said.

"What's up?" Cleo asked as soon as Damien disappeared from the stairs.

"What am I going to do with Alex?" I asked her.

"Call him!"

"Dude, he said he doesn't believe in love!" I began and once my thoughts rushed out, I couldn't stop. "Say, I go out with him, we end up having sex, which by the way must be great with him, and I end up falling for him and he bails, that he will..."

"Breathe!" Cleo shook my shoulders "You're rushing into things!"

"I want pizza," I said out of the blue putting my thoughts aside as my stomach growled. Nothing ruins my appetite or my sleep.

"Where's the phone?" I asked, intending to order the pizzas.

"Damien's got it I guess," she said looking around at the living room.

"I'm going," I said, standing up.

I walked up the stairs and towards his room. I could hear voices from the tv while I knocked on the door.

"Yeah," I heard him call. His voice was hoarse and calm.

"It's me," I said and opened the door. "I'm looking for the phone," I said looking at his messy room "You made yourself comfortable again I see," I laughed.

"Yeah," he replied handing me the phone. His fingertips touched my skin and left a burning feeling behind. He didn't reply to my comment. I guess he wasn't feeling well for he usually mocks me all the time.

"We're ordering pizza. There's beer in the fridge. Want anything else?"

"Nuh," and he looked around "Just cleaning," he said and a small grin appeared on his thin lips.

"Haha. Keep dreaming. I'm not doing that anymore!" I said "I own you some punches though."

He got up quickly and stand in front of me. He straightened his body to challenge me; standing on his full 6 ft 5 height. He looked taller than I remembered. And more masculine; he put on muscles and he now looked even bigger.

"Try," he raised an eyebrow smirking.

I got on the bed so that I was just a few inches taller than him. I looked at him in the eye and gave him a punch on the arm; narrowing my eyes. I knew what I was facing death now.

He gripped my wrists, pulling me down from the bed and turned me over so that my back was touching his chest. He crossed my hands in front me and pulled either hand away from the other.

"Ouch," I yelled and pushed into his chest to decrease the pain on my arms.

"Will you try that again?" He asked closed to my ear.

"Of course!" I never fall without a fight. He pulled my hands more and I pushed more into him; our bodies collided.

"I'm like a bow-tie!" I cried.