Chapter 14 - Your heart, smothers me, now it's hard to breathe

Title Credit: Room 409 by Bullet For My Valentine

++

I was right. I knew him well after all.

Cleo didn't want to leave me alone waiting for a message so she came back with me at my house. I had no intention to sleep. Not that I could if I tried. I showered and sat on the couch staring at the TV; Cleo half asleep beside me. It was killing me; knowing that right now Alex, my Alex was kissing, touching and having sex with another woman.

It was around 7 in the morning when my phone begun vibrating on the coffee table. I shot up and grabbed the phone; Cleo tensed.

"I'm leaving the mansion. I told him. At first he just stared at me at first and then seemed to be furious," the brunette texted me; the brunette that spend the night having sex with my boyfriend. With my blessings.

I was crazy. I must be. There was no explanation for what I've done; sending her to have sex with my boyfriend just to confront him through her. At least she was cooperative.

"Thanks again. I'm guessing he didn't say anything?" I texted back. It only took a few seconds before the mobile vibrated in my hands again; Cleo put her arm around my shoulders.

"He asked me to describe you. When I did, he got out of the bed and before leaving the room he told me that the butler would arrange for me to get home."

Typical Alex. When something was wrong, he didn't even bother with anything else besides his own problem. Not even escorting the poor girl to the car.

"Okay. Thanks again. You have my number if you ever need anything," I texted back.

"My pleasure. I'm sorry about him," I've read and left the phone on the table and leaned back on the couch.

Cleo put both arms around me and held me to her. I felt like my world fell apart. Again. I was such a fool.

"I'm an idiot," I mumbled against my friend's chest.

"No, you're not. You're just in love."

I was so tired that I must have fallen asleep on the couch for I woke up lying there, with a pillow and a sheet covering me. Cleo must have given them to me.

As all the events from last night came back into my mind, my heart fell and my chest pain returned. I muffled a cry and covered my eyes with my arm.

I turned towards the coffee table where my mobile was laying and saw a piece of paper underneath it. "I promised mom to help her with some stuff. Call me when you wake up."  I dialed her number and put the phone against my ear.

She had just finished what she was doing and told me to meet her at her place. I carried myself to the bathroom and closet to get dressed. I didn't know how I had the courage to even put make up on.

Fifteen minutes later, I was entering her kitchen and couldn't wait to find myself into her room so I can fall apart. As I walked up the stairs and into my friend's room, the door at the end of the hall opened; Damien appearing behind it, only in his shorts.

"Hey," I said but the sound didn't leave my throat so I waved.

"Come here," he motioned to his bedroom with his hand.

"Cleo is waiting," I managed to say out loud.

"She's not home yet," he replied and I began walking towards him. He walked to his bed and gazed at me "You can sit you know," he smiled; little curves shaped on his cheeks. I smiled a small smile and sat beside him.