Chapter 17 - I've been looking for someone to believe in

Title Credit: Wire to wire by Razorlight 

+++ 

I was lying in his arms; my cheek on his bare chest while my arm was resting on his stomach. I was shaping little lines as my fingertips rocked back and forth softly on his skin while his arm around my shoulders was stroking my own skin softly. I didn't want to move from where I was.

"Did you regret it?" I heard him ask in a low, hesitant voice. I raised my head from his chest so I could see his face.

"Regret what?" I asked back; a light frown on my face.

"Coming here with me," he replied looking into my eyes.

"No," I frowned and almost exclaimed "Why are you saying that?" I asked and shifted on the mattress to be able to look at him better.

"Because you're being weird since we got here," he sighed.

"I'm always weird, remember?" I chuckled trying to change the mood.

"I'm serious," he said and my face went serious too. I always felt intimidated when he was serious. Maybe because I always believed that I wasn't smart enough for him. It was easy when we were joking around but when he was serious I felt like the little girl that I was.

"Me too," I sighed in order to relax "I don't regret coming here with you," I shook my head lightly "Or making love with you," I assured him. His face remained blank for a moment and that worried me.

"Okay," he finally nodded. I hoped he would let it go. I reached up and kissed his lips softly. He gripped my neck when I pulled away and pulled me back to his lips. I parted my lips when I felt his soft tongue on my lips and allowed him entrance.

"I need to get a shower," I mumbled when I pulled away.

"Come on then," he grinned and got up.

"You only got your bag up here you selfish man?" I scoffed as I noticed his bag next to the closet.

"I was in a rush," he explained with a smirk and looked at me from the door. "I'll call you when the water is ready," he winked at me and left.

I laid on my stomach, my arms squishing the pillow. I still couldn't believe this. I couldn't believe I was here with Damien. The back of my mind, for a split of second, was convinced that this was just a dream.

"Ladybug?" I heard him calling. This was real.

I stood up and walked towards the bathroom. He was standing with his back to the door; testing the water. At first I got a little bit nervous but then again I just had sex with him. So, I took a deep breath and walked into the bathroom.

I smirked at the side of his wide shoulders and his stiff butt as he bent down in the tub. I walked up behind him and put my arms around his waist. He backed away from the tub and I rested my cheek on his back.

"Hey," he greeted me and took one of my wrists in his hand; breaking my hold. He turned around in my arms and put his palms against my cheeks. I parted my lips to breathe and stood on my tiptoes and kissed him. A moan left my throat as his tongue touched mine and my grip around him tightened.

After we cleaned each other he put his arms around me and kept me close to him. In the faint light that was coming from the hallway, I could see his beautiful gray eyes staring back at me. I raised my hands and put them on either side of his face; my fingers on the side of his neck while my thumb was stroking his lips.

He was here with me. I tried to memorize his features as he looked back at me and I closed my eyes to test my memory. I could still see his handsome face; his piercing gray eyes; his wet brown hair, pulled back on his head; his soft baby-like skin and his pink full lips.