Chapter 23 - You can't know, yet you have to know

When I come to think about how things with Damien started it felt a little bit hasty. I was still with Alex when Damien kissed me for the first time. And then I was getting over Alex when I kissed him the night we got together.

But then again, my feelings for Damien were always there. It wasn't something new. He wasn't just a rebound guy. I was always in love with him. My thoughts were interrupted by a set of lips brushing against my neck.

"Jeez!" I jumped up. I was standing in the kitchen, making a pile of plates as I unloaded the washing machine.

"Scared you?" Damien chuckled. I nodded and turned around. He leaned down and kissed me; his lips cupping my own.

"Third person in the room!" Max said as he walked passed us. I pulled back and blushed.

"We're leaving anyway," Damien told him. Cleo walked in the kitchen at the same time.

"Wait a little longer, I haven't finished here," I told Damien.

"I'll finish up," Cleo said "There's nothing left in the living room." Her voice was all wrong.

"Are you sure? You sound tired," I winced. Maybe she was indeed tired.

"Yes. I'll unload the washing machine and go to bed. Eliza, the cleaning lady, is coming over tomorrow," she assured me. "Oh, I got your stuff," she smiled; it seemed a little bit forced.

"Thanks," I smiled back and turned towards the dining table that she motioned me towards. "What's that envelope?" I frowned as I looked over the A4 white envelope that was sitting over my jacket. Damien towered over me.

"Your gift," she grinned "Open it." That smile was legitimate and made me feel better.

"What is it?" I frowned and opened the envelope. Max was there in a second. "Will you back up? Jeez," I frowned at the Simmons brothers. I teared open the envelope and pulled out a magazine; ELLE magazine. A paper came with it. I burst out laughing and turned to look at her, but both Damien and Max were blocking my view in order to read the paper. "Move away!" I pushed them and almost run to Cleo. I threw my arms around her and hugged her. "You bossy little freak!"

"I have to put some sense of fashion into you! Your initiation is great, but you needed this!" she chuckled for the twenty-four months subscription she bought me.

"Can we go now?" Damien asked sounding bored and impatient as I pulled away from Cleo.

"Don't push your luck," I warned him and turned to Cleo again "Thank you," I smiled at her.

"Weird gift," Max mumbled and made me chuckle.

[+++]

Damien did not waste time once we got inside my renovated garage. As soon as I turned on the air-conditioning and removed my jacket he walked up to me and cupped my cheeks; a sweet smile on his full lips.

"Had fun tonight?" I asked; enjoying his touch.

"Yes," he nodded smiling and leaned down and kissed me. His hands squished my butt but I stopped him.

"I'm not having sex with you," I mumbled against his lips. He didn't seem to believe it and kissed me again. This time I pulled away from him. "Going to take a shower before lying down," I said indifferently.

"We'll see about that," I heard him mumbling as I took off my heels. I walked into the bathroom and let the water running before pulling down my leggings.

"For now, see me closing the door to your face," I mocked and closed the bathroom door before locking it. I wasn't really mad at him and I knew that if he came in the shower with me I wouldn't be able to stop him.