Chapter 22 - But I want you to come in closer

"I like this one," I said pointing at the silver Lorus watch.

"Hm," Max thought "Yeah, I think he'll like it."

"He can change it if he doesn't," I said as the salesman packed the watch.

"How are you paying? Ask your mom for money?" Max asked. The watch was worth 120 Euros and I still wanted to buy a gift for my mom, Cleo and Max.

"I told her I needed to buy a few gifts," I explained "I also told my dad," I grinned.

Max chuckled because he understood that I got money from both of them. It would be too late until they'll figure it out. Mom would have given me the money if I told her I needed them to buy Damien a gift but I really didn't want to confess the real reason. She will probably figure it out tonight though because we were invited to the Simmons house. Mom will know as soon as she sees Damien and me talking. Mom always knows everything.

I got my mom a literature book, Cleo a red small clutch bag, Max the belt I've promised him and a bottle of vodka to drink tonight. I returned home just in time to start getting ready. I decided to wear my seam and heel leggings, my black long sleeve but short black dress along with my red high heels. The only colorful shoes I owned. Cleo would be proud of me. I smiled and decided to call her.

"I'm already dressed but I thought to run it by you before showing up overdressed," I smiled. She chuckled and told me tell her what I was wearing.

"Sounds good," she said and I could hear her smile. "Come over when you're done if you want. I need help!" she ordered jokingly. We've been spending Christmas Eve together for as long as I can remember and then Christmas Day with our relatives. For the last three years, Mr. Simmons two partners were invited with their families. One family had kids in elementary school while the other had two sons around James age; one or one and a half year older than me and the twins.

I parked my car, changed from my flat shoes to my high heels and took all the gift bags. I entered the kitchen through the back door as usual.

"Santa is here!" I smiled and closed the door behind me.

"Hello Erica," Cleo's mom greeted me with a smile.

"Hello," I said; still smiling.

"I'm impressed!" Cleo said approvingly looking at my outfit. She was wearing a high waist skirt along with a plaid shirt; always fashionable. "I like the accessories," she pointed out towards my bracelets and necklaces.

"Come on, it's not that big of a deal. I'm just wearing black as always," I winced. "By the way, get this before I break it or something," I told her giving her the bag with the bottle of vodka.

"Indeed, always black. That's why what I got you will be perfect," she smiled and got the bag.

"This is for you, Merry Christmas," I smiled back and gave her another bag. She took it and took out the red clutch I purchased.

"Nice! Thank you! Goes with my new heels," she grinned and kissed me "I'll give you yours later."

"Where's Max?" I asked.

"In the living room; he plugged the play station on the big television," she explained as she continued preparing the salad.

"I'm going to say hi and l'll be back to help you," I told her and moved towards the door.

"Wait," she called after me and I stopped "Mind taking the bag to my room?" she asked. I shook my head and took her gift to my hands again.

"Hello gentlemen," I greeted Max and his dad. "What are you up to?"