02.

**Embry's pov.**

"Embry's here!" A girl beamed outside of the classroom, before earning more girls to gather around the door.
I could hear some of the guys groan in annoyance.
Not me.
I smiled at them, before waving.

Pete rolled his eyes.
"How did you get so popular with the girls anyway dude?"
I shrugged looking to him.
"I guess hanging out with you and Brett caused me to outshine you." I grinned.
Yelping once I felt the back of someones hand connect to my head.

"You wish you could outshine me, dumb ass." A new voice said.
I smirked, turning to the guy himself.
Brett Ayers, the school's president for meetings.
Not only was he smart, he was pretty good looking.
No homo.
I mean, the guy was light skinned with curly black hair and forest green eyes.
My eyes were a nicer green, in my opinion.

Still though, when Brett gets mad.. his eyes get real dark so they almost look black?
Which is pretty freaking cool if you ask me.

"Are you supposed to be in our class?" I asked him innocently.
Brett rolled his eyes, then looked to Pete.
"Are you coming to the mall later?" He asked.
I blinked, Pete was planning on going to the mall?
I thought that was our thing.

Pete glanced  to me, then to Brett.
"Nah, gonna crash over at Em's and play some video games." He told the other.
Now I was confused.
Brett made a face now.
"But, we were going to see that one movie about the evil doll." He pouted.

"Annabelle?" I questioned, earning Brett's eyes to light up.
"Yes! Wanna go see it Embry?"He asked.
I blinked.
"Sure." I said with a shrug.
Pete scowled softly.
"I thought we were going to play video games." He suggested.
I looked at him.
"I don't even remember having this discussion, why don't you want to go see a movie with Brett? You love movies." I told him.

Pete looked away.
Something clicked and I grinned deviously.
"Don't tell me, you're still scared of dolls after watching Chucky and Dead Silence." I laughed.
This only earned Pete's cheeks to turn pink, before flashing me a glare.
"Shut up man!" He snapped.
I grinned at him then at Brett.

"Has he never told you, he's scared of dolls?" I asked him.
Brett looked shocked.
"Your scared of dolls..?" He tried his best to suppress a laugh that failed and came straight out.
"Shut up! You guys freaking suck!" Pete groaned.

"Alright, alright settle down class. Mr.Ayers get out of my class, and go find your own." Mr.Burton commanded as he adjusted his tie then pushed up his prescription glasses.

Brett smirked then looked to me.
"Seriously, come to the mall tonight! I'll pay for everything." He told me.
"Free sounds good." I nodded in agreement, not disappointed in the idea of free popcorn.
Brett grinned before running out of the classroom.

"Okay class, today we will begin with our text books so if you could flip to page 202 then read chapters one through five to yourself. That will be it, once your done. Go ahead and finish up late homework. I don't really have anything planned for first period, so consider this a good mood." He told us.

Some of the students cheered, while others went straight to reading.
Sighing to myself, I opened up the book then began reading to myself.
Noticing Pete didn't say a single word to me, after Brett left.

When the bell rang, I grabbed Pete's elbow before he could escape the classroom.
He turned to me, a confused expression on his face.
"Whats-"
"Whats going on with you and Brett? Cutting the afraid of dolls aside, you usually always go to the movies with him. Today's the first time you avoided the idea of hanging out, and then put it on me. Brett's our friend, Pete." I told him.
Pete looked kind of guilty after that.
His eyes fell to the desk.
"I'm kind of uncomfortable around him right now? I don't know Em.. I heard rumors from a few guys, saying they saw him checking out Zeke.. and a few others." He murmured.

I glared at him.
"Your shitting me right? Who gives a damn if Brett likes guys, I mean I sort of do because I'm straight. But that's not the point here Pete, if Brett is gay or whatever. We're supposed to support him in a friend way, not bail on hanging out just because of rumors." I snapped bitterly.

Pete frowned now.
"Shit man.. yeah, your right. We're friends and I'm letting those guys get to me, I'll go tonight but do you still want to come? Everything's on Brett." He smirked.
I grinned now.
"Hell yeah dude, free stuff is free stuff. You can't pass that shit up." I said earning us both to laugh.

"You never go to the movies." Ember deadpanned in fourth period, a few of her friends were gathered around us as we talked.
I shrugged sitting in front of her.
"Its free food, Ember." I reminded her.
Ember arched a brow.
"So, are those two going to be okay tonight then? After what Pete said?" She asked.

I groaned now.
"I hope so, nothing sucks more than an awkward time at the movies." I said.

"I think its kind of cute." Jade Holden said with a shrug.
Her black hair, braided into a bun as her hazel eyes pierced into me like she was searching my soul.