11.

**Embry's Pov.**

When I woke up the next morning, everything felt off.
I wasn't sure how to describe the feeling either, which bothered more than the fact.

Ace hadn't came and got me up.
I can't say I was used to it, but I was trying to adjust to morning kisses.
As gross as that one was.

I brushed my messy hair back as I slid on some dark red basketball shorts an a black t shirt.
I left my room, to only hear the old clocking ticking down at the end.
Where was everyone? And why was it so damn quiet?
Yesterday everyone was loud and annoying, today was the opposite.

I walked down the hall, towards Ace's office.

I didn't want to bother him, knowing he could be working but I wanted to know what was up with him last night.
I felt heat rush to my cheeks.
So much for claiming to be straight after years of announcing I was.
It was Ace's fault.
Him and his damn good looks.
I was only gay for him.

I brushed my knuckles against the glass door, to see movement on the inside of the room.
Soon enough.

The man himself was appearing, he looked exhausted and stressed.
He was in nothing but a pair of black work pants with his brown belt looped around his waist.
I could feel my face burning now.

"Ah, good morning Embry. Did you sleep alright?" He asked me.
I frowned looking at him.
"Ace, are you okay?" I asked ignoring his question.
Ace blinked.
"What would make you think, I wasn't okay?" He asked me.
I frowned looking away.
"I dunno.. you just didn't come say goodnight to me last night, and then this morning you weren't there either.."  I confessed.
I tensed hearing him chuckle, I looked at him as he caught my chin.
"I didn't think you'd care if I said it or not." He smirked softly at me.
I blushed pulling away from him.

"Well I see you're doing fine, so I'm just gonna g- hey!" I cried out when he lifted me up, nuzzling my neck.
I could feel his stubble which gave me chills.
"I'm sorry, I got wrapped up with work and some loose information about Nash and his clan. I didn't want to alarm you after your fun time at the beach yesterday." He explained.
I relaxed in his hold as I frowned now.
"What loose information?" I asked him now.

Ace put me down as he put on his gray jacket.
"I'll explain over breakfast, Macy will also be joining us." He told me as we walked out of his office.
I nodded fixing my shirt as we walked down the stairs, into the dinning room.
Two maids were placing a few plates out, as a man sat the foo out in the center of the table.
"Do you like eggs?" He asked me as I nodded.
"I do." I agreed taking a seat in front of the other.
Ace smiled at that.
"Eggcellent."
"Please don't."  I cringed shaking my head at his poor attempt of a pun.
I guess it was his way of trying to liven up the house.

"The information I was given, was that Nash has a few of his guys already on the hunt. Of course its none of your classmates, so we have no idea who that bastard sent to look for you." He explained.
I suddenly was as hungry as I first let on to be, my stomach tightened up as my chest ached.
Trip's face raced through my mind and it gave me chills.
I refused to be anyone's bitch.
 I was more than that as a person, and I was Ace's.
I glanced to him as he took a drink of his black coffee, which was gross.
How can you drink coffee without sugar or milk?

I ran a hand through my hair as I frowned.
"Is that going to risk us having to move?" I asked him.

Ace frowned sitting his cup down.
"I'm not sure, if Nash is this persistent to get you for one of his guys. The chance of us leaving, is higher than us staying here and waiting for them to show up. Through my years of putting clans down, they only revived and rebelled and came after me, and now that I have you. They're not going to stop until they have payback from the trouble I caused." He sighed.

"So if you never shut the clans down, Nash wouldn't be as interested as to get me to get back at you?" I asked him.
Ace looked at me.
"That's right, if I left them alone. We probably wouldn't be in this mess, but we grow up differently and I saw clans as disgusting homes for people who were like rats. As a billionaire, I had the power and money to do it and I did. I even had to kill, which wasn't my strong suit." He frowned as if trying to ignore the memories that were trying to appear.

"What if you told them you wouldn't do it anymore? Would they leave you alone?" I asked nibbling on my toast now, before taking a sip of my orange juice.
Ace chuckled sadly.
"It doesn't work like that, Embry. Not after you kill a clans member, clans are like family according to Nash and Zed so when I killed one of Nash's boys, all hell let loose and they were all out to get me." He said now.

I frowned pushing my plate away.
"So, there's no way to fix what you did and if you can't protect me I'm screwed?" I asked, my fingers curling as they bawled into fists now.
Ace frowned.
"They won't get to yo-"
"You can't keep saying that crap, Ace!" I snapped standing up as I frowned at him.
"You screwed up, and we are heavily out numbered if those clans team up and gang up on you. You can't keep saying, they won't get to me because there's always that chance they will and that shit terrifies me because I know Trip and I know how determined he is!" I cried out.

Ace frowned now.
"You're right, Embry. I screwed up, and there is a chance I can't protect you, but damn it kid. It won't stop me from trying to, you're mine." He said standing up then walking over to me.
He towered over me as I frowned softly.
"If I have to die saving you, then that is my fate." He told me.
I glared at him now.
"Don't freaking say shit like that you ass! Don't treat me like a damsel in distress, I am still a guy who can fight! So stop acting like this is just you against them. I won't let those guys come near me without fists getting thrown!" I snapped.

Ace studied me for a moment, before his expression softened.
"Alright, until they show up. We can keep living a normal life, and try to ignore the idea of them looking for you, like you're a missing kid on a milk carton." He said now.
Huffing now, I nodded.
"Sounds like a plan to me." I agreed looking at him.

He smirked softly.
"I knew I liked you for some reason." He mused pressing his lips to mine.
I arched a brow.

"Really? Because I'm starting to have self doubt you don't" I teased then squeaked when he grabbed my ass.
My face burning in embarrassment.
Ace smirked now.
"Keep it up kid, all of that teasing and smart mouth comments, are going to land you in my bed." He warned.

I felt my whole body tense at how husky his voice got.
"Oh damn." I said biting my bottom lip.
For some reason.

That didn't sound too bad.