23.

**Embry's pov.**

"I can't believe, tomorrow is graduation." I murmured at the lunch table, picking at my salad as Pete glanced to me.
"We'll no longer be students of Oceanside Academy." He shrugged.
"We will always be students here." Ady argued taking a drink of her tea.
I smiled softly, taking a bite of my salad now as I looked outside to the parking lot.
A dark red Mercedes sat out there, among the other cars.
That beauty, was mine.
It was a gift from Ace after our date at 71Above.

The next morning, he brought me to one of the best car places and told me to pick one out.
When I picked out the Mercedes, he seemed pretty impressed with my first pick.

"What are your plans after graduation?" Zeke asked us now as I looked at him.
My chest tightening.
"I'm going over seas with the United States Navy." Pete told us as I frowned at him.
That was one of Pete's main goals in life, aside from getting married and starting a family of his own.
I supported everything Pete wanted to do, even if it meant leaving me.
Zeke nodded.
"That sounds like a pretty serious job man, I hope you do well then and can't wait to see you when you return here." He told him.
Pete smirked then looked to Ady.
"What about you, Ad's?" He questioned the pale girl.
She frowned softly.

"I was going to see about joining nursing school, so once I finish my four years of being one. I can become a doctor and work at the hospital, where Brett died so families can put their faith in me when it comes to saving their loved ones.  I want them to know, that I'll do whatever it takes to save a life." She told us.
And suddenly.
I was no longer hungry.
It wasn't because she brought up Brett, it was because my future wasn't as exciting as Pete's and Ady's.
They both had goals and outlooks.
Ady wanted to become a doctor, and Pete was going into the military.
Zeke said he was going over states to be with his boyfriend.
I know shocker.
Zeke was actually gay this whole time, and he hid it so damn well.
We all assumed he had this sexy ass girlfriend with tattoos and piercings.
But nope.

He was apparently dating a cream puff as his boyfriend.
We've seen only one picture of the guy, and he was fucking pale.
But he had beautiful baby blue eyes and blonde hair.
He kind of reminded me of Val, but in a more innocent none mafia way.
Zeke said he was super feminine, but tried hard to hold onto his masculinity.

"What about you, Em? What are your plans after tomorrow?" Pete asked with an interested look.
The other two were also looking at me interested.
I frowned softly.

"Well.. I'm not joining the army, becoming a doctor or leaving state.. I think I'm staying here, with Ace until we decide on what we both want to do." I murmured biting into my tomato.
Pete arched a brow.
"So you're just going to remain here, at Oceanside?" He asked.
I nodded with a frown.
"Yeah, I haven't put much thought into what I wanted to do with my life, after tomorrow. The last year was already crazy, and I couldn't think straight for a while." I told them.
Pete nodded in understanding, then the trio resumed in talking about tomorrow.

I was getting more nervous now.
Just what were me and Ace going to do with our lives, once I graduated?
Would we move out of state?
Would we stay here?
So many thoughts raced through my mind.

And before I knew it.
It was night.

I sat at the kitchen table, fiddling with the chicken stir fry as I sighed softly.
"Are you kids excited about tomorrow?" My mom asked  as she took a sip of her wine.
Ember nodded enthusiastically.
"Yeah! Me and Cami are going straight to Texas after graduation, so we can meet her boyfriend. We're both pretty excited to go to Texas, we've heard pretty interesting things." She said taking a bite of the steaming food.
Our parents nodded.
"I just want you to be careful, you're going to be states away from us and plane tickets are not exactly cheap." Mom chided her now.
Ember nodded.

"What about you, Embry? Are you excited?" Mom asked me now, I could feel dads eyes on me as she asked this.
"Kind of.. I'm more or less nervous, because Ace has something he wants to ask after tomorrow, and he won't give me a single hint on what it is he wants to ask me." I murmured now.

"He's probably going to ask you to marry him." Ember suggested taking a sip of her water.
"Ember!" Mom snapped disapprovingly.
Ember made a face.
"It was just a suggestion! What else would Ace possibly want to ask his boyfriend, on a serious day like that?" She hissed.

I just sat there, zoning my twin completely out now.
There was no way, Ace was going to ask me to marry him.
I was bound to get on his nerves soon enough, and then he'll be tired of me.
There would be no point in us getting married.
Not to mention, it just sky rocketed my nerves even more.

"I'm going to bed." I said, putting my plate in the sink.
Leaving the kitchen, to my parents and sister arguing now.

Marriage huh..
Just what would he gain out of marrying me?
I had nothing going for me after tomorrow, I wasn't exciting or rich.
I was a normal kid, who was graduating, while my friends all went off and left me behind.

Pete.. was going to leave me behind.
I slumped against my door, my knees to my chest as I frowned deeply at the carpet.
I knew I wouldn't make it in the military.
I couldn't handle orders being yelled in my face.
I can barely handle Ace ordering me to sleep with him.
Not that I mind the giant snuggling bastard, its just the fact he has his moments to which he says.
Sleep with me.
Instead of.
Hey, come sleep with me tonight.   

I looked at my bed with a frown.
Graduation was tomorrow afternoon, which meant we had no class in the morning.
Everyone had to get ready for our final days.
And it was nerve wrecking.

Brett won't be walking on that stage to receive his diploma.
Brett won't be asking Ady to marry him.
Brett won't have a family.
Brett won't have anything.
Because he's no longer here.

Slamming the back of my head to the door, I let out a pained groan in frustration.
Stop having depressing ass thoughts you dumb ass.

That night I couldn't sleep, because my mind was running wild with thoughts.
I had no idea if my friends were leaving straight away after graduation, or if they were leaving a few days later.
I hated goodbye's, especially when my best friend was going into the military.
There was always that thought that I'd never see him again, and it was killing me.

When the morning came, I felt like a zombie.
I had bags under my eyes, and I felt sore.
I couldn't get any sleep last night, and it sucked.
Because graduation was going to be outside.

I walked down the hall with a tired yawn, rubbing my eyes before bumping into someone.
"Oh so-"
"Good morning sleepy head." I felt lips on mine as I looked up to see Ace there.
He smiled softly as my cheeks gained color.
"O-Oh good morning, when did you get here?" I asked suddenly feeling shy.
Ace looked to his watch.
"About thirty minutes ago, I was having coffee with your parents while we talked about today." He told me.

I nodded as we walked down the hall together now, entering the kitchen.

"Embry, you look exhausted." My dad stated the obvious now that there was light in the room.
Ace turned me so I would face him.
"Did you not sleep last night?" He asked, caressing my cheek.
I frowned softly.
"No, I couldn't sleep I had too many thoughts that wouldn't shut off." I murmured now.

My mom walked over to me, frowning softly.
"Graduation isn't until 2 PM today, why don't you try to get in a small nap pumpkin?" She suggested.
I blinked a few times, but nodded.
It was only eight in the morning, maybe I could get a few hours of sleep.