12.

//Hey guys! Celty here, whats up? So I kind of got caught up with work and haven't had the time to update when I needed to. Honestly I had no idea I had so many reads already, one minute it was ninety reads and now its one hundred and thirty? Where did you guys even come from?? But still! I'm back, and going to try to get back on track. I'm sure everyone is wondering whats all going to happen and I apologize for the long wait. Thank you for being so patient with me, so without further adieu.
Gets get this shit back on the road!
<3 CKR.\\ 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Embry's Pov.**

"You want to go to the mall?" I asked Ace in shock.
Had he already forgot, that was where me and my friends had been attacked?
Or where, Trip and his mutts could be waiting for us to show back up at?
Ace stood there, his arms crossed.
"We wouldn't be going to this mall, I was thinking of going out of state for a few days. To lay low." He explained to me.
I made a face.
"I thought you said we would be fine?" I asked.
His expression hardened.
"I know.. I know what I said, but I don't want to take risks right now. Not with you being hunted by them, and with Zed and them involving themselves..." His brows furrowed as he cupped my cheek.
"I don't want you to get hurt." He told me, brushing his thumb against my cheek bone.
I frowned, placing my hand over his.
"I'll go pack." I said defeated.
He smiled with a nod.
"Thank you."

I stood inside my room.
Going to a different state?
I understood that Ace was worried, hell I was worried.
Trip scared the living fuck out of me, and now he's made it his goal to kidnap me..
I felt shivers race down my spine as I shook my head with a frown.
They won't get to you.
Ace will protect you.

I wasn't sure why.
But part of me felt dread, what happens if I get Ace in trouble?
What happens if I make him mad and he throws me out?
I didn't want to be thrown away..
I felt my cheeks heat up as I glared at the light brown carpet.
Ace wouldn't throw you away.
Sure, we've only known each other for less than a week.
But I just felt like we've known each other a lot longer than that.
And it pissed me off, how fast he made my heart race seeing him smile.
He was a real piece of work.

Packing what little clothing I had, I closed my bedroom door then walked down that hall.
How long were we staying out of state?
Ace just wanted us to lay low, but how long would that take?
Days? Weeks? Months even..?
I guess it just depended on how determined Trip and them were.
Which with Trip being involved..
He could remain determined no matter how long it took.
But determination can get you killed.

I wasn't really sure how serious Ace was about me.
About how much he cared.
But if he wanted to go over state, just to keep me safe.
I had to matter to him a bit more than I thought I did.

I walked down the stairs, my suitcase in hand while him and Derek stood at the front door.
Macy was at Derek's side, looking timid as usual.

Ace's eyes fell on me.
"Are you ready?" He asked me.
I swallowed but nodded anyway.
Whether or not, I had no choice right now.
Ace nodded then looked back to the two.

"Alright, Derek I'm leaving the house in your care until we return." He told him.
My eyes widened.
"They're not coming with us?" I asked my eyes falling onto Macy who looked bothered by this fact.
Ace frowned.
"No, they're going to stay back in case Zed and his clan do show up." He told me.
"No! What happens if they do come? What happens if Derek or Macy get hurt?" I demanded my brows furrowing as I dropped my bag.

Ace walked directly up to me, his hands grabbing my shoulders as he stared into my eyes.
"They will be fine, Embry. This is their job, this is what they signed up for. Its a tough situation for all of us." He said to me.
I wanted to shove him away so bad, I wanted to yell at him how wrong this was.
How unfair this was for Macy.
She was finally opening up, even if it was just baby steps.
But she was trying!
And now she's having to risk her life for someone she barely knows!