08.

**Embry's pov.**

Everything was happening so fast, I wasn't able to keep up.
One minute I'm hiding from Trip and his dogs, the next I'm being moved out and moved into a billionaires house.
Not just any billionaire either.
Ace Lawson.
I wanted to wake up, and let this turn out to be some kind of bad dream.
Even if it felt more like a nightmare.

I stood inside of Ace's home.
my stomach turning in painful knots.
It wasn't that I was nervous of being around Ace.
It was the fact, I was remembering his conversation with Derek.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Derek asked as he drove down the road after picking me up from my house.
Ace threw his hands up in frustration.
"Good idea or not, Nash has already made his threat towards me, and like hell I'll sit by and let harm come to Embry." He snapped at the driver.
Derek winced, his eyes furrowed.
"You're putting everyone else at risk, by doing this I hope you realize." He pointed out.
Ace glared daggers at the other.
"Derek, I will handle everything. Embry is safer with me, than in his own home." He spat.
Derek gave the other a quizzical look.
"Is he?" He asked.

I felt my own stomach drop, hearing him ask that.
Ace was obviously thinking the same thing, because his eyes fell on me as they softened.
"Yes, no one will touch him while he's with me." He gave me a reassuring smile.
It didn't make me feel better.
Only worse.
My eyes fell to the window as we passed by some trees.

"Sir, what happens if Nash involves Zed? You know other clans have no problem, clashing. Especially if it involves you, you're an enemy to all clans. Even to Zed." Derek said in a soft voice, in attempt for me not to hear but heard anyway.
Ace looked down at his lap.
"I will keep Embry safe, even if Zed decides to involve himself. No one will come close to that kid." He stated sounding confident.

Derek only rolled his eyes at that, then continued to drive on.
"I will stand behind you one hundred percent sir." Derek finally told him.
This earned a small smile from Ace who nodded.
"I knew I could count on you, Derek." He said.

My eyes snapped open as I came out of thought.
I looked around the mansion, my eyes gluing to everything.
I knew I'd have to call Pete and Brett later.
They needed to know whats going on, especially Pete.

"This is where you'll be staying." Seth told me as he brought me to a empty room.
It had a king size bed, with a dresser in the corner.
I walked deeper into the room, as Seth closed the door behind me.
My bag slid off my shoulder, as I walked over to the barred windows.
I could see men standing outside of the mansion.

Two of three cars, parked in front of the stairway.

"I'm sorry this is happening." Ace said now.
I turned to the other, anger slowly boiled inside of me.
This wasn't his fault, Trip has always had it out for me.
For whatever reasons.
But now that I knew, what his real intentions were.
Made me sick to my stomach.
Ace was just protecting me.

I crossed my arms, avoiding eye contact as I shook my head.
"It was bound to happen, I just didn't think a mafia would involve itself.. Ace, am I safe here? Truthfully." I asked him, my brows furrowed.
Ace grimaced as he walked up to me.

"Its fifty-fifty where ever you go." He confessed honestly.
I felt even more sick to my stomach now, the knots were killing me.
"But, you are safer here than at your house. If my suspicions are correct, Nash and his clan will show up there first before they come here S-"
"What about my family!?" I demanded now, feeling anger rise.

"Your family will also be safe, the house is empty. I had Derek go back, he's taking them to my private estate a few cities over. If it comes down to it, we will leave as well." He grasped my shoulders as his eyes gazed into mine.
"I'm not going to let those guys hurt you, or your family." He promised me.

I stood there, tears burning my eyes as I frowned deeply.
"Why do you talk like we've known each other for years? Why are you so protective of me?" I demanded.
Ace made a face, before looking away.

There's something he wasn't telling me..

Ace looked back at me.
"Do you believe, in the after life?" He suddenly asked.
I made a face now.
"If mafia's still exist, I guess I'll believe in anything at this point." I said with a sigh.
Ace frowned.
"Four hundred years ago, there was a town called Yvetti. A horrid man ruled that area, he had a son who was imprisoned there. His father wanted him to rule that town, once he passed but his son said no. He embarrassed and humiliated the man, so the man threw his son in a dungeon to rot. Right before the boy died, a person appeared in his cell, he asked him if he could come back to life, would he." Ace's eyes fell on me as he told this story.

My heart was racing already, just listening.
Ace frowned.
"The boy told the person, if he could he would, where he wouldn't suffer any longer. The person was interested by this response, and they granted it. The boy also lived a few more years after he was thrown into the cell to die, two years later. A war appeared in the town, townsfolk were angry and wanted vengeance for the family they lost due to the mans negligence. Around that time, a man who was a simple traveler, made his way through that chaos and into the home in which the boy lived." Ace laced his fingers together.

"The man appeared before the boy, letting him out of the cell.
The boy was weak and in pain, he wanted his suffering to end.
The man told the boy, he couldn't allow the boy to die, for he traveled for days to come to him. When the boy went to question what he meant by that, the man bit him a-"

"The man was a zombie!?" I asked in shock, earning a soft scowl from the other.
"First, zombie's don't talk nor do they exist. Secondly, don't interrupt. It's rude." He scolded.
His eyes softened.
"The man was a demon, seeking a mate and the god's sent him to Yvetti to find the boy. Days later after the attack, the boy was awake and immortal. He fell in love with the demon, as the demon fell in love with the boy. They were madly in love, and it lasted forever.. The demon promised the boy, forever happiness and would treasure him always.. until another war broke out, four years later. The demon and his men, went out to fight the humans and what the demon didn't know.. was his mate went out to fight as well." Ace's eyes fell to the floor, before he took my hand with a frown.

"The boy died in the middle of the fi-"
"But I thought you said he was immortal?" I asked, wincing once he glared for interrupting him again.

Excuse me for having questions about this story, I had no idea it was going to turn out like this. I thought his answer would of been simple and sweet, but no.
It's a nonstop story in which he won't shut up explaining and cutting to the chase.

"The boy died, once his heart was pierced by a silver blade. The demon was angry and destroyed an entire town, full of innocent people. The gods were angry with him, and he was cursed to never die. Through his years of walking and meeting people that resembled his love, he kept going. For he was not allowed to ever love again, until he was finally given the chance to die. He took a silver blade and stabbed himself over and over in the chest, until his aching body could no longer handle the pain, and he turned into ash. Reuniting with his love." He told me.

"Well that was a depressing ass story." I grumbled ignoring the glare from the other.
"What did that have to do with the after life?" I asked him now.
Ace breathed in heavily, his eyes locked on me.

"Because, you were the boy. And I was the demon." He told me.

 My eyes grew wide.
What?