19.

//Greetings fellow readers! I know, two updates in one day is pretty crazy for me! But I'll explain why I'm already posting this chapter. I have work tomorrow and I won't be able to really touch my story again until Wednesday, depending on how tired I am after work! But if I have the time and inspiration, I will be sure to update before then! I just want to take the time and thank you guys, for continuing to read this story. Due to the fact, I will be doing a book two, this story may only have a few more chapters before its completed. I wanted to give you guys a heads up, and thank you for reading my story. It doesn't have thousands of reads, but hey.
At least I have some reads, so that has to count for something ^^
-CKR.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Embry's Pov.**

Its been about two months since the kidnapping happened.
And I was still recovering from the wounds that were inflicted onto me.
I was beginning to have problems with my back, and Ace demanded for a doctor immediately.
I was seriously taken care of, pretty damn well.
And just like Ace's statement of him never leaving my side, he stayed true to it.
He was always there.
Even when I wanted a midnight snack, he would get out of bed and accompany me.
Not that I minded, I enjoyed his company.
And I knew why he did it.
He was scared I was going to disappear again.

As far as I know, I'm staying put.
I confessed to loving Ace, and I stayed true to that confession.
Every night before bed, we exchanged 'I Love You's' which was embarrassing.
But hey, I still enjoyed it.

Another thing that has changed, is Ace hasn't tried to touch me yet.
He's worried he'll hurt me even if I've told him, a thousand times now.
I was fine.
He wouldn't accept it.

Oh! Also Derek got thrown out the very day we returned, it took some time for Ace to track him down, and once Ace found him.
According to Ace, Derek was blubbering like a idiot, going on about how he did it for Ace's sake.
How he betrayed Ace to keep him safe.
Pftt.
Yeah right.
Derek got his ass handed to him, rather quickly.
Some men went and threw what clothes Derek had in a bag, then tossed him outside.
I was pretty pleased knowing he was out of the picture.

As soon as we got actual word from Zed, that it was safe to go places.
Ace took me to my parents and Ember.
Of course my mom cried so hard after she saw me, and then her world practically ended when she heard what all happened and what Trip did.
Needless to say, my dad demanded for lawyers or whatever power he could get his hands on to have Trip thrown in prison.
But Ace managed to talk him out of it, that involving lawyers and cops were a terrible idea.
And I agreed.

I met Zed for the first time, after hearing so much bad talk about him.
But he was really nice and calm.
Rosalie.. she was another story, but it was a good one!
I liked the vibe she gave off, it was comforting.

"Ace, I need you to help me with the star for the tree!" I demanded as I stood on my tip toes, reaching for the tip of the tree.
Squeaking once I felt a pair of hands grabbing my hips then giving me the boost I needed.
Feeling satisfied with how the star looked on top, I looked down at my boyfriend who smiled up at me.

"Put me down dork, the guests will be here any moment and you're not even properly dressed!" I scolded as he put me down.
"You're getting awfully brave, aren't you?" He teased as he pressed his lips to mine.
I grinned at him.
"Living with a guy like you, gives me no choice. I have to put you in your place, somehow. God forbid Seth or Gary try to, and they'll have a heart attack." I told him with a smirk.
Ace grinned at me.
"True, alright. I'll go change, keep an eye on that stuffing, I don't want it to burn." He told me.
I nodded darting off into the kitchen.
The smell of ham baking and other foods perfumed the air, which made my stomach growl aggressively.