22.

**Embry's Pov.**

The last few months flew by, and before anyone knew it.
Graduation was just a week away.
I was beyond nervous.
Only because Ace had something he wanted to ask me the day of graduation.
Anytime I tried prying and bugging him, he denied me.
He told me I had to wait, and that frustrated me.
I wanted to know what he wanted to ask me.
And to make it worse.
My dad was in on it, and just like Ace.
He wouldn't tell me shit.

I sat in my bedroom, playing video games with Ember and Pete.
Yeah, it was a weird mix.
Considering the fact, Ember was always grossed out by Pete.
For whatever weird ass reasons.
But it never seemed to bother him.
We were playing some zombie game, as Ember and Pete got way too involved with killing the dead corpses.
"Pete you're slowing us down, hurry up!" Ember snapped as she attacked the X button to shoot the zombies.

Pete scowled softly, but did as she instructed.
I smirked softly before jumping at the feeling of my phone buzzing in my pocket.

"Really Embry? We're in the middle of a game." Ember hissed at me as I pulled my phone out to check it.
"Its Ace, shut up." I grumbled as I read the text.

{"Hey, you left some clothes here from last weekend."} 
Sent at 8:07 PM.

I made a face at the text.
"Oh yeah? What'd I leave?" 
Replied at 8:08 PM.

"Ooo, its Ace? What are you two talking about, the next time he'll sneak in our house and have sex with you?" Ember stabbed at me as my face caught fire.
"N-No, shut up! That only happened once!" I hissed.
"Dude." Pete laughed shaking his head as they paused the game now.
I glared at my twin who glared back.

Okay story time.
So about a month ago, Ace decided to be a smart one by 'sneaking' over here.
And by sneaking, I mean driving his damn charger into our driveway then asking to stay over.
Of course, my mom was all for it.
And when we thought  everyone was asleep.

Ace and I tried to have sex.
For my ass of a sister to knock on our door, telling us and in her words.
To shut the fuck up and have sex else where.

She hasn't let me live it down since.

{"A sock."}
Sent at 8:11 PM.

I rolled my eyes, grinning like a dork at the text.
"Is that just an excuse to have me over?"
Replied at 8:11 PM.

"What happened with you just living with him, and his driver bringing you back and forth to school?" Pete asked me as we resumed the game.
I shrugged.
"In my terms, he kicked me out. In his terms, he wanted me to spend time with my family before I moved in with him after graduation." I told him.
Pete and Ember exchanged looks.
"So his term was the correct one and it makes sense." Pete told me as he hid behind a car.
I arched a brow looking at him.
"He kicked me out." I argued.
"No, if you're moving in with him. Its a permanent thing, it means not staying with him for three weeks then going to stay with your folks, you're going to live together as an actual couple." Pete explained as my face grew hot.

{"Maybe? I have a surprise for you, and I can't wait til graduation to give you this one ):."}
Sent at 8:18 PM.

"He sent a frowny face." I deadpanned staring at the screen.
"He sent you an emoji?" Ember questioned, pausing the game then leaned over my shoulder to read the text.
"Who would of thought, a big time billionaire would send an emoji." Ember murmured in my shoulder as I moved away from her with an annoyed expression.
"Its normal." I defended.
"Its weird." The other two shot back in unison then glared at each other.

"Come get me then ya big baby."
Replied at 8:20 PM.  

I put my phone down, for a second for it to only ring this time earning us to groan.
"Lets just call it quits on the game, Ace is just going to keep blowing you up regardless." Pete said as he put the controller down.
Sighing to myself I nodded before answering the phone.

"Hey babe." I greeted the other to only flip my sister and best friend off as they made gag faces.
"Hey, get your things. I'm ten minutes away, we have reservations at 71Above."
I nearly choked on my water.
"71Above? Ace isn't that place super expensive?" I asked him, my sisters and Pete's eyes widened at the mention of that place.
"It is, but it will be fine. We already have reservations, and I can not cancel at such short notice." He told me over the phone.
My heart began to pound against my chest.
"I-I.. I have nothing to wear!" I exclaimed, my mouth going dry from the shock.
"I have your outfit in my car." With that his end went dead as I stood there trying not to panic.

"He's taking you to 71Above? Dude, that's the place for insanely rich and important people. Why would he take you there?" Pete asked me as I paced in the room.
"Hell if I know, holy shit." I ran a hand through my hair then nearly jumped out of my skin as soon as my door swung open as Ace stood there.
"What the hell?! You said ten minutes!" I snapped as he shoved this bag at me.
"I lied." He shrugged.

I felt myself staring at Ace now.
He was wearing a dark red collared shirt that was tucked under his black jeans.
A dark brown belt hugged his hips, as he stared down at me now.
Furiously blushing, I stormed to the bathroom completely striping out of my clothes I had on.

I stared at the dark purple collared shirt, before pulling it over my head.
I pulled on the dark blue jeans, wrapping the black belt around me.
Placing the dress shoes on last, I looked at myself in the mirror.
I looked like I was going somewhere fancy.
I mean, I was but still.
I was growing nervous.

When I stepped out of the bathroom, Ace was already there pushing my bangs back before pulling me back into the bathroom.
He pulled open a cabinet before squirting some gel on his hands, he looked at me as he brushed his hands through my hair, spiking my hair back.
Turning the sink on, he ran his hands under the water before drying them then looked back to me.
"Lets go, we have the edge table there and it will be a breathtaking view once you witness it." He said pulling on my hand.

I was speechless, from the time we told my parents we were leaving, to the point we were in the car heading to one of the most expensive restaurants in California.

When we got there.
I felt my heart in my throat, the restaurant was a real beauty.
It was a light silver that had lights on it, I was stunned.
"Come on baby." He pulled on my hand as he lead me up the stairs, into the restaurant that had my mouth watering from the smell.

"Your coats, sir." A man stated at the door.
"Oh yes, we will collect them once we're done. Thank you." Ace helped me out of my coat, before handing them to the door guy.
I looked at him, then jumped when Ace took my hand, leading me past tables.

"Ace, this place is-"
"Remarkable?" He cut me off, this smirk on his face as we walked to a table that had the best view.
"I was going to say, heart stopping." I managed to get out as he pulled a chair out for me to take a seat.
But I didn't want to sit, from this view you could see almost all of West California and the mountains in the far East.
It was so fucking beautiful, and I couldn't stop myself from staring.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked him as we looked at our menus, that were the lightest shade of teal.
"I told you, I couldn't wait til graduation. Though that will also be a pretty important time as well." Ace told me.
I nodded, trying to take in everything in here.

My attention fell on a waiter that approached us, his left arm was folded behind his back as he smiled at us.
His blonde hair was pushed back as his hazel eyes pierced into Ace.

"Good evening gentlemen, what may I start you off with to drink?" He asked us in a casual tone.
Ace glanced to me.
"You finest bottle of Red Rose, if you will." He told him.
The waiter looked to me, as if trying to guess my age.
No matter how you looked at it.
I was a minor.
I was still a ways away from turning twenty-one.
"I'll just have water." I told him quickly, earning a scowl from my boyfriend.
Excuse me from not wanting to give off a bad impression of coming here.
It would take all of my life savings, to come here on my own.

"Very good, your wine and water will be right out." He said.
"Would you be interested in any Hors D'Oeuvres?" He asked Ace now who glanced to me then back to him.
"Just your Artisan Cheese Tray." He answered.
The man nodded, before walking away from our table.

I looked at Ace.
"Just what the heck is Horse D Olivers'?" I questioned earning a smirk from the other.
"We need to work with the way you word things baby." He grinned as I blushed.
"He called it Hors D'Oeuvres, which is another word for appetizer." He explained.

I glared now.
"Why couldn't he just call it an appetizer?" I asked.
Ace leaned towards me, his fingers laced together as his chin rested on top of his hands.
"To impress you in hopes of you understanding what that word meant, but with you referring the first word as horse. That pretty much explained the entire word for you." He stated.

I rolled my eyes.
"So is the fancy cheese tray, a tray of cheese then?" I asked looking at him.
Ace nodded with a soft smile.
"Yes my love, its a cheese tray. I didn't think you would like the tenderloin tips, plus we still haven't ordered our actual meal. What would you like to eat tonight?" He asked tilting his head on his hands as I looked at the menu with all of its fancy words.

"I guess... um the Cavatelli?" I suggested earning Ace's eyes to light up.
"You want that?" He asked me.
I began to fidget in my seat.
"Well, if its not too much to ask.. yeah, it sounds good." I told him.
He nodded.

Soon enough, the waiter returned with our fancy cheese tray and the wine with water.
The waiter made sure to place the bottle of wine, beside Ace and the glass of water next to me.

"What would you like us to serve to you tonight?" He asked.
Ace looked to me, encouraging me to go first.
I sucked in a breath of air, nodding.
"I'll take the Cavatelli." I told him.
The blonde haired man looked at me weird, which made me more nervous.
What was wrong with me ordering it? Was I not pronouncing it correctly?
I was pretty good at that.
The man jumped at the sound of Ace clearing his throat.
"And for you sir?" He asked.
Ace shut his menu with a frown.
"I'll have the Young Chicken." He told him.
The man nodded, soon disappearing from our table.

"I want you to try the wine." He told me, taking his glass then poured the light red liquid in his glass, pushing it towards me.
"You just want to take advantage of me." I accused.
Ace smirked at me.
"Nonsense baby, just try it." He encouraged.
Hesitating, I brought the glass to my lips, taking a sip of the sweet drink.
Ace watched me amused.
"How is it?" He asked.
"Its good." I said licking my lips .
He licked his own, as he poured more into his cup before taking a drink.
"It is." He agreed.

What felt like a century later of talking, flirting and laughing later.
Our food finally arrived.
And I was very discouraged by my dish.
I knew pasta was involved, but it still didn't look good.
Ace's on the other hand.
He had what was pretty much recognized as the leg of a chicken, on his plate with some mushrooms and sauce dazzled on it.

"What's the matter?" Ace asked as he cut into his food.
I stared down at my bowl, with all kinds of unrecognizable things in it.
"N-Nothing, thank you for bringing me here Ace." I told him.
Taking my spoon, I scooped some of the pasta on it, making sure I had other stuff on it as well before placing it in my mouth.
A whole new flavor exploded in my mouth, it was delicious.
You could taste the lime and Parmesan, the pasta practically melted down my throat like a thick soup.
It was amazing, the image of it had nothing to do with how it tasted.

"Ace, you need to try this." I said handing him my spoon as I wiped my mouth.
Ace smiled at me, taking the offered silverware before placing the food in his mouth.
I watched something spark in his eyes.
"Its good." He smiled as I nodded in agreement.

Needless to say.
There was nothing left in my bowl.
Not even the corn or black truffle.

When we finished, Ace told me to go ahead and wait for him outside while he dealt with the bill.
I knew it had to be outrageous.
Just sitting in there, the chairs had to be about one thousand dollars.
Okay, I may be exaggerating a little but it felt like it.

"Your coming home with me tonight." Ace told me on our way to the car.
I nodded.
"No argument's here, in four days I'll be a graduate and all yours." I said leaning into his chest with my own, as I looked up into his eyes.

He smirked softly, cupping my cheek as his lips pressed to mine full of passion.

"I like the sound of that." He told me.
And so did I.

//Hello my lovely readers! So the first book is coming to an end.
I had to do a lot of research for this chapter, and the restaurant itself before I made a complete fool of myself lol.
I wanted to make this chapter kind of long, only because chapter 23 may not be as long.
I am not making any promises.
I also needed to get this chapter out today, because chapter 23 won't be up until Tuesday when I'm off again.
I have two night shifts and won't be able to touch the story, I can do my notes for the second book but that's it!
So until then my lovelies!
-CKR.\\

Song played: Moby-Temptation.

Also the image I used was the view you could see if you sat at the edge table in 71Above.
Just to give you guys an idea on what Embry was getting to see during their meal! (: