+8+

Jo P.O.V.

I slowly walked into Hayes room to see him sleep, with his mouth open. I giggled silently, shaking my head.

I had a cupcake in my hand with a candle on top. "Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to my best friend! Happy birthday to you!!" I yelled, seeing his eyes opening and he looked at me. I started smiling, with my teeth showing.

"Happy birthday" He started smiling, sitting up, rubbing his eye. "Thanks Jo" He smiled. "Now blow out your candle for your wish!"

He shook his head smiling. He got the cupcake from me and blew it out. "Yay!!" I clapped my hands and he bit into the cupcake.

"So what are you going to do for your birthday since your 18 now?" I asked, sitting on the edge of his bed. "I don't know" He shrugged. "Maybe throw a party"

I nodded, "that's good" I ran my fingers in my hair, sighing. I felt Hayes staring at me so I turned towards him to see that I was right.

"Hayes?" I asked, furrowing my eye brows. "Huh? Oh I'm sorry!" He started turning red, scratching the back of his neck.

Was he embarrassed that I saw him stare at me? What in the world is going on with him?

"Your okay Hayes" I smiled at him, standing up. "Come on. You've got to get ready for the dayyyy!!!" I said, grabbing his Hand.

He groaned, throwing his head back. "I don't won't toooooo!!!" He whined, pulling back. "Come on!!" I grabbed his hand more but he pulled me back and when he did, he pulled me into him making me fall on top of him.

But when I was on top of him, our faces were close. My breath hitched in my throat. It was like our breaths were molding into each other's.

I've never felt this way towards no one. It felt different. Toooo different

We heard people laughing and we got out of the trance. I got off of him while he stood up, with boxers on.

I chuckled nervously, scratching the back of my neck. "I'm just going to go downstairs" I smiled, walking out the door, shutting it. I sighed of relief, feeling relieved.

"You okay?" I heard a voice say and I jumped a little to see Nate, concerned about me. "Hmm? Oh yeah I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be okay? I'm fine see!" I started rambling, feeling stupid.

"Oookay.... Something happened in there?" He pointed towards Hayes room. I shook my head no. "No I just wished him happy birthday"

He nodded, "okay do you want to join me and the guys for breakfast?"

"Sure" I smiled. He smiled, walking in front of me while I went behind him.

I sat down in between Nate and Swazz. Tez was sitting across from Nate and Kyle was sitting on Tez's right.

Why do I feel different now? I don't see Hayes that way. Maybe I do....

"Happy Birthday!!! Birthday Boy!!" The guys screamed, throwing confetti all over Hayes. He started chuckling, smiling.

Aww he's adorable when he smiles.

Wait What? What is going on with me?

"Here we got you present!" Swazz got up and got a nice breakfast plate from the island. I've got to say they did good.

He sat it down next to Tez and Hayes smiled. "Y'all shouldn't have" He sat down, looking at his friends.

"Oh we didn't. We didn't know how to make it so we went to Denny's" Nate said causing me to giggle.