+17+

Hayes POV

I was out of breath, trying to get back home to tell them what I just saw. I couldn't believe Jo was home and the thing about it, she was becoming rebellious. Jo would never do something like that.

I caught my breath and went inside of the house.

"Nash!" I yelled, going into the living room. "Nash!" I yelled again, but I noticed mom was in here, braiding Skys hair.

"What's wrong baby?" Mom asked, stopping what she was doing. I didn't want to tell her that I just saw my best friend-

well ex- best friend getting arrested and going to jail... well a holding cell. She looked at me, waiting for me to tell her what was wrong with me.

"I-" I didn't finish, because I didn't know what to say. "It's- it's about-"

"Hayes?" Mom asked, furrowing her eyebrows and I swallowed a little bit.

Jo POV

"I can't believe they did that Jo!" I heard Lessie talked and frankly I didn't care what she was saying

I mean why should I care? Everything in my life is going prefect! My mom still hates me, my sister couldn't handle me back in Seattle, my dad is literally frustrated with me, my brothers don't even talk to me and the most important thing.

My mom hates me.

"Lessie" I was trying to talk but she cut me off. "They just graffiti that mans house. You were about to spray his house too. If I wasn't there to stop you-"

"Lessie"I started but she scoffed, walking back and forth might I add.

"Jo what is going on with you? Why are you like this? When did you start acting-"

"A what?" I cut her off, standing in front of her. She shut her mouth after that.

"A tomboy again? Or a wild child running everywhere? My parents don't care about me Lessie. You've seen that" I walked over towards the bars to see that one of the police officers, talking to each other.

"Jo yes they-"

"Lessie, no they don't! You see where I'm at? I'm broken" I felt tears rolling down my cheeks and I just didn't know what to do anymore.

"I'm not Joanna anymore. I'm a broken Joanna with nothing!" I cried, standing in the corner.

"I can't keep pretending that things will get better for me" I never knew my life could get this hard for me. My third week at footlocker I got fired.

The manager fired me because she didn't like how Terrance and I were always talking and laughing with each other. She only fired me because she had a thing for him.