+19+

Jo

"Why are you not ready to go?" She asked and I looked at her confused

"Momma it's not-"

"Jo get ready and don't be playing around. We go to this party and then we leave. I'm only going for you now" She walked away from my room, while I was confused.

I looked at the time on my digital clock to see it was 6. My eyebrows went up and I never noticed that it was that time.

I needed to get ready but I didn't know what to wear. What the hell do you wear for a party that's only a get-together?

I heard a knock on my door again and I went to go open it. I saw that it was Stacy that was at the door. She smiled giving me a plate of food.

"Oh thank you Stacy" I said, getting the plate from her. "You're welcome"

"What's been going on with you and momma?" She asked as I had put my plate of food on my bed. I really wanted to tell Stacy everything she was doing to me but I decided against it. She didn't need to know what was going on cause I didn't want her to worry, or stress about me.

"Nothing. We're doing okay" I said, going in my closet.

"Jo, tell me for real" She said coming towards me and I sighed.

"I'm telling you everything is okay" I looked at her, seeing that she gave me a concern look.

"Dre and I think everything is not okay. We see the way she's does you Jo. That's why I let you move in with me"

I didn't say anything but continued to look in my closet. "Momma has been doing this for years to you Jo, but I want to ask you something"

I turned towards her to hear what she had to say. "Would you like to stay with me again?"

"Stacy we-"

"Jo, I don't care. I love you and I want the best for you" She came in front of me and put her hands on my shoulder.

"Just think about it okay?"

I nod my head, letting her know I understood her. She let go, walking out of my room.

I sighed, staring at my closet cause I didn't know what to wear at a get together.

"Need help?" I heard Stacy come back in. I looked at her and nod. I wasn't going to say I didn't, cause I did. I needed some help.

"Sure" I smiled, making her smile. I know me and my sister might not see eye to eye all the time, but I love her so much.

———

When we arrived at the party, I made sure I looked my best because everyone was coming. I was wearing a long sleeve black off the shoulder shirt, some ripped jeans and my vans.