+13+

Jo P.O.V.

I sigh, throwing my phone down on the island. I put my hands in my hair and let out a frustrated groan. "What's wrong?" I heard Nate said coming in the kitchen. "My momma is sending me damn voicemails of how she's going to kill my ass when she comes and gets me, and how I'm going to be grounded and more shit I don't want to say"

He hummed, and I heard his footsteps stop. I couldn't even concentrate on anything. From my momma and Hayes... I didn't know who to think about. Him or her. "Hey" I picked my head up, seeing Nate looking out the sliding door drinking his drink. He turned around, drinking his drink.

"Is... Hayes okay?" I asked, he shrugged. "He doesn't talk to you?" I shake my head no. Honestly, ever since whatever happen to him that night, he hasn't talk to me in two weeks. Everytime he sees me, he looks or walks the other way like I did something wrong.

I don't know why. All I know I want my best friend back. I hate not being able to hear or talk to him. "No he acts like I don't exist anymore." I shrugged, fiddling with my fingers.

"I think w-" Then I stopped myself. I didn't want to tell Nate I think we like each other. I don't think we do. I don't know, I think we do.

Ugh, I sound like a girly girl.

"Think you know what?" He asked, coming beside me. I know he wants to know what I want to say but I'm scared. I never liked a boy. In my life.

The boys always looked over me, never payed attention to what I did. They always called me a bro, or dude. I never had a boyfriend other than Kalvin, but he just wanted my body. Just like any other boy that actually wanted to talk to me.. because of my body.

"I think w-we like each other" I whispered the last part, I heard nothing after that. "What do you think?" I picked my head up, seeing him scratching his head. "What I think.... I think you two do. He never stopped talking about you when you were coming"  I chuckled, smiling at what he said.

"If you like him, you should tell him and not wait. If you wait then you two will never get to tell each other how you two feel" He said, which made me think about what he said. He started walking away out the kitchen.

Do Hayes and I like each other? I didn't think anymore and decided to leave out the kitchen. I went upstairs to my room, and just laid on my bed. I need to leave here. My momma was coming to get me anyway. I think everything was going downhill anyway.

We probably weren't meant to be. We come from two different worlds, especially how I act like a tomboy. He wouldn't want a tomboy. He wants a girl that gets her nails done, hair done and everything else did. Probably injections too.

I heard a knock on my door. "YEAH!" I yelled, when the door opened, Nash and Taylor appeared in my view. They came towards me, smiling hard.

I arched an eyebrow looking at them. "Can I help y'all?" I said, glancing from the two of them. "Get dressed" Nash spoke up. I looked over at Taylor who agreed with him.

"What are y'all doing?" I asked, they just lifted me up, making me whine and bitch about how they were getting me out of the house.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

We were in a diner, while they sat next to each other smiling and tapping on the table. I looked at them in a weird way. "Why did y'all get me out the house. I want to go back. Where I can be alone." I said, "You can go home if this don't work out" Nash said, making me confused about what they were doing.

I was on my phone, hearing the door ding. I turned around seeing Hayes in my view. "I'll be in the car" I said about to get up but Taylor and Nash grabbed my hand. "No, sit please" Taylor pleaded, making me groan under my breath, rolling my eyes. I sat back down waiting for Hayes to come.

"Nash why di-" I heard him cut himself off while I didn't look in his direction. I knew he didn't want to see me. "I'm about to leave" He stated, while I felt hurt about what he said. I saw Nash get up real quick.

"Sit down" Hayes sat down next to me but not that close... it was sorta far. "Sooo" Taylor smiled, looking back and forth at us from time to time. "What's new with you two?" Nash finished, looking at us the same way.

We didn't say anything. I wasn't about to speak up because Hayes was giving me the cold shoulder. Ignoring me and shit. "Well, I think you two been good. Especially laughing and talking with each other" Nash chuckled, with Taylor smiling.

Nash looked at Hayes and I never looked his way. "Come on bro" Nash said, with Hayes getting up with him and they started walking away. I sigh, looking out the window. I was bouncing my leg, feeling tears coming down. I don't even know what I did wrong.

I just want to know why Hayes was acting stank around me all of a sudden. I felt a hand on mine and I looked seeing Taylor giving me smile. I did nothing but feel a tear down my face.

"Taylor I don't know what I did wrong! He stopped talking to me after He came in that night. I don't know what happened to him" I sniffed, seeing that she looked so sad at how I was talking about what happened that night.

"I can't do this anymore... this been happening for two weeks and I can't do it anymore Taylor" I slid out the booth and stood up. I went outside, getting my phone out of my pocket. I dialed my mom's number and waited for her to answer.

"Come on mom" I mumbled, biting my nail. By the third ring, it answered.

"JO WHEN I-"

"Mom!! I don't care what you do to me I don't care I'm coming back home. I'm getting a ticket and leaving. My best friend acts like I did something to him and I didn't. Momma I'm sorry."

She sigh. "Okay, come home. I told you not to disobey me and you did any way following behind Hayes. See where it got you? I want you to come home"

I sniffed, nodding even though she couldn't see me. "I'm coming home. I'm sorry mom"

"I'll see you okay?" She didn't even say it was okay or nothing. She just said she'll see me. I rolled my eyes, making me feel like I'm about to regret going home.

"Okay" I hung up, when I turned around I saw Taylor looking at me. "Are you sure you want to go home?"

I nod my head, "Yes I'm ready to go home. I can't live in a house where I'm not wanted" I folded my arms, she let out a sigh, shaking her head.

"Okay.. I'll tell Nash" She walked back in the place while I went towards Nash's car. Our friend ship was over.... it was over.....

I can't believe Hayes and I aren't Best  friends anymore and I don't even know how it happened.

A/N: Hey guyssss!!! I'm sorry for not updating this book but I'm soo sooo happy that I updated but what do you guys think??? Love you guys!!!❤️