9: Hurt to look.

Please, hit the star button at the top and show your love. Make me smile, lovelies.

Melody

"I am beat." I announced, once I entered my empty room. Threw my backpack first then myself on the bed, sighing heavily.

My phone started vibrating in my pocket. Took the phone out before squinting my eyes at the unknown number.

With slight hesitation, I accepted the call. I didn't talk and waited for the caller to speak up first.

"If you think it's some stalker calling you, you're mistaken. You're not even that pretty."

Ouch.

"What do you want, Jerk?" I asked ignoring his insult.

"You."

A single word from him was all it took for my heart to start beating abnormally. I lost my voice temporarily by the seriousness in his tone.

"W-what are y-you talking about?" My heart had no intention of slowing down. It was racing like a motor boat, going against the current.

"I want you." Jayden elaborated, then added. "I want you to come over to my place. I need to talk to you about something."

Oh, that was what he meant.

Stupid heart. Stupid Melo.

"Okay." I didn't have a reason to decline.

"I don't care if you don't want to come...what?" I could hear the astonishment in his voice. My answer obviously surprised him because I was too.

"I said okay. I am coming over." I quipped raising myself from the bed.

"You are? Are you sure? You seriously are?" He bombarded me with questions.

With a roll of my eyes, I repeated myself. "Yes, I am or you don't want me to come over?"

I was greeted with silence and just when I thought he had hang up on me, I heard his voice.

"No, I want you to come over."

"Okay." I didn't wait for a response as I ended the call. I walked out of my room and down the stairs before informing mum where I was heading.

"Mum, I am heading to Jayden's place."

"Okay, have fun at San...what?" She dropped the spoon she was holding onto. The spoon she was about to put in her mouth probably to taste the flavour of whatever she was making again.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows at her bewildered face.

Blinking her eyes at me, she asked. "Jayden's place?"

Surprise was evident on her face and her tone. I didn't question her reaction because I knew where she was coming from. She probably still couldn't believe me, Melody of all the people going over to Jayden's place at her own will and that too alone.

I would have doubted too but I have my reasons for that.

"Yep, he said he wanted to talk to me about something." I shrugged then added. "I am going now." I walked away leaving behind a grinning mum.

There was no point in not going to Jayden's place. He would end up in my room if I didn't go over to his place, I couldn't escape this meeting no matter what.

I have thought longed and hard about our whole 'slave- master' deal. I wasn't exactly happy with how things ended up, but it was better than my parents finding out what I did.

Jayden said the deal was for one month but that necessarily wouldn't be case. I'd be his slave or whatever for as long as my pockets were empty. Once I get the money I'd pay him and cut all ties with him.