Epilogue.

Chapter 34- Forgiveness is published and if you didn't get the notification, read the latest chap before reading the epilogue.
Thank you.

*

Few months later...

The house was bustling with noises, it was a typical Sunday evening but we have many things to celebrate.

My mother, Clair and Harper were in the kitchen preparing dinner while Jayden and I set the table.

Dad being dad sat on the couch comfortably watching the highlights of the football match, Jack's football team was playing and they won, another reason that added to the celebration.

"Marc, don't laze." Mum screamed from the kitchen making me cringe at her sharp pitch voice.

"It's Sunday, let me relax." He shot back and I rolled my eyes at their behavior.

Jayden smiled poking my side, making me squeak. "Don't." I laughed pushing his hand away when he made a move to poke me again.

I will miss him so much when we both go off to our respective universities.  The main reason behind the festive mood in our house, Jayden and I both got into the uni we applied for, in two different state. I planned to do my major in psychology while Jayden got into a medical university.

But It didn't mean our love for each other will be any less, I will still love him unconditionally.

Soon, Jayden and Clair went back to their house to get change and my family and I did the same after the dinner table was set and the dishes ready to be served.

At six in the evening, Jayden and Clair rang the door bell, a champagne in her hand. Soon after, the doorbell rang for the second time and mum rushes to get it.

It was our very own aunt Ophelia and her boyfriend, Jack.

We all settled in the dinner table and started to eat as we engaged ourselves in small talks when Aunt Ophelia spoke up. "I have an announcement to make." She cleared her throat looking a little uncomfortable.

I noticed Jack's hand over hers on the table giving her a nod and a smile as an encouragement.

Mum eyes widen almost comical and before aunt could speak, she rushed out. "You're getting married." Her voice was filled with excitement, her eyes lingering between Jack and aunt.

At her assumption, aunt shook her head furiously while Jack looked surprised but then smiled.

I could see the drop in the my mother's smile when he saw the shake of aunt Ophelia's head.

"You didn't touch your drink at all." Clair suddenly mused. She was seated opposite of aunt, as she stared intently at her wine glass, rubbing her chin. "I brought the best red wine as I heard Hayden say, you specifically like the red wine but I haven't seen you take a sip of it unless-" As if it was an eureka moment for her, her eyes grew the size of saucers and my mother mirrored her reaction.

If I was so caught up in her words, I would have busy out laughing.

"YOU'RE PREGNANT." Mum and Clair were instantly on their feet, staring down at the wide eyed couple. They looked like a deer caught in headlights.

colour rushed to aunt's cheek and she smiled meekly. "Surprise?" She let out a nervous chuckle.

A grin broke onto my face at the news. "Congratulations." I exclaimed rushing to hug her. "When are you getting married?" I asked looking to and fro between Jack and aunt.

"About that..." Aunt looked a lightly uncomfortable and I started regretting asking her that question. "We don't plan on marrying so soon." She answered, her eyes meetings my mother's whose were narrowed on her.

Then their bickering started and soon the dinner table was filled with voices which soon turned to the discussions about what to name the child, then their marriage which wouldn't be happening anytime soon but well, who can stop my mum from talking what she wanted to talk about.

Jayden and I managed to sneak out after dinner and took a short walk down the familiar lane and toward the park.

Our fingers intertwined and I leaned close to him, a comfortable silence between us. Once we reached the park, I rushed towards the swing and planted my butt on rough leather urging Jayden to occupy the another but he shook his head and got behind me, pushing me lightly.

The cold night air blew over my face and I closed my eyes letting my hair fall freely over my face as Jayden pushed me lightly.

"I do know that I will always support and adore you, don't you babe?" Jayden asked softly, his voice mixed with the night air, calming me.

I dragged my legs in ground and dug my heels to stop the swing, before looking over my shoulder. "Yes."

The moon shone bright in the sky, the streetlights and the light post in the park illuminating the area. 

He walked around and kneeled before me, holding my hands in his. "No matter how great the distance between us, my love for you will be greater." He spoke softly.

When I told him about the university I was applying for, he wasn't too happy with the distance but eventually saw my reasons and supported me, like he promised he will.

"I know." I whispered, my emotion clogging up as I thought about the day we will eventually have to part ways, though physically not mentally. "I love you, only you. You are the only one for me, Jayden." I felt the need to let him know how he was the one and only for me.

He lifted my hands and kissed my wrists, before letting go of them. His hand dug into his pocket and my eyes widen a little when I saw a tiny silver band in his hand.

It was a ring.

"Jayden...I..." Was he asking me to marry him? It can't be.

As if sensing my doubt and discomfort, he chuckled. "I am not asking you to marry me." I let out a sigh unintentionally, we were not ready for such a big step yet.

"But I will soon." He promised and this time I smiled. "This." He lifted the ring and smiled at me. "...is my promise to you, to always love you, to value you and to always keep you happy. No matter where I go or how far you are from me, you will always have my heart."

"Isn't that more or less like a marriage proposal?" I teased, trying to keep my tears at bay.

  He smiled at my words, his eyes glistening with unshed tears as he slid the ring in the ring finger of my right hand. "I guess." He whispered leaning forward and wiping my tears away.

"I love you." I choked on my tears and I sniffled.

His lips neared mine and he lightly brushed his lips over mine. "I love you too, so much. Always. Forever." He sealed it with a kiss.

The night sky beautiful above us, the moon and the stars twinkling, witness to our promise, to our love.

To our future together.

***

HIS SLAVE is officially over.
That means 'THE HIS SERIES' is done!

It has been an amazing ride to write this series and I enjoyed writing about each characters.
You guys were so motivating and were with me from the start because of which I was able to write about them and finish their stories.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting me.

Thank you for being with me in this ride.

Love you guys
❤❤❤