15: Unforgettable.

"You seriously don't have to do this." Mum told Jayden for the nth time who like an angel that he was, smiled at her politely.

"This is the least I could do for you taking such good care of me." Jayden said charmingly, I could sense mum gushing internally at his words.

Unable to stop myself, I snort in disbelief which earned me a disapproving glare from mum while Jayden smiled softly, keeping his act up.

"If he wants to help with the dishes, let him." I declared wanting to get this over with. With or without Jayden's help, I was assigned to the washing duty so I wanted to get start so I could finish it as quickly.

Seeing mum displeased stare, I rolled my eyes at the floor and murmured to myself. " That's the least he could do by always having dinner in our house and not to forget the cookies you send him almost everyd-ow MUM." I cried when I felt a pain shoot through on my arm, rubbing it furiously where mum had pinched me.

"I didn't raise a mannerless child." She scolded me before apologizing to Jayden who looked anything but offended by my words.

Jayden wasn't sweet, he was mean, evil and pretentious. He got two personalities, the good one which he presents himself to be in front of my parents and everyone else, the other was the evil one which he unmasked when with me.

I wished my family would see the evil side of him someday, I wish.

"Apologize." Mum motioned me towards Jayden with her eyes, warning me not to defy her.

"Sorry." I grumbled.

"It's okay." Jayden kept his good boy act up until mum finally gave in to his wishes to help me with the dishes. Mum left us alone in the kitchen to do the dishes.

Without a word, I got to work.

Jayden soon followed, silence stretching between us until he decided to break it. "Are you ignoring me, Music?" He sounded amused for some reason.

"What makes you think that?" I scoffed, not looking at him.

"Because you've been awfully quiet, that's unusual." He commented and I could sense a smile in his voice.

"I don't have anything to say to you." I shrugged doing my work efficiently and as quickly as possible.

"That's outrageous. You always have something to say, you're full of opinions, aren't you?" He was straight on mocking me now.

I was going to give in to his obvious provocation and start something which I know will land me in trouble with mum while he escapes any punishment for the thing he started.

"Can you just finish this and get the heck out of my house?" I asked as sweetly as possible.

"That's not how you talk to someone helping you." He was finding amusement somehow in our conversation while I didn't.

"Jayden, for god sake, shut up and do you work." I hissed at him, not raising my voice higher than normal in fear of mum hearing me.

"I am doing my work. Being the son-in-law and all..." He drawled out, as a chuckled escaped from his lips.

Groaning as he reminded me of how my family reacted on the dinner table, embarrassment washed all over me. "Forget that ever happened. You know how my family is. They have a little crack on the upstairs." I pointed to my head to show him what I meant by that.

Jayden bit his lip, his eyes laughing at me. "What is it now?" I asked.

"If they are a little-" Jayden was cut off by his phone going off. With narrowed eyes, he took his gloves off all the while murmuring, "Who the dumb fuck is calling me at this hour." The clock in the kitchen showed 8:55pm.